Dress your party up with bright and colorful summer party decorations. Wow your guests with summer party centerpieces, festive lights, seasonal flowers and streamers.
Summer party decorating ideas include:
- Lights: Hang lights throughout the event space to brighten evening parties. Purchase paper lanterns in bright colors and place pillars and votives on each table for centerpieces. Stock up on decorative citronella candles for outdoor events to avoid an infiltration of mosquitoes. Line walkways with flameless candles in paper or colored bags to create a romantic, intimate welcome for guests.
- Flowers: Incorporate bright flowers into the summer party decorations. Make tissue paper flowers to hang throughout the party space from clear fishing line (tissue paper flower making kits are available online). Add seasonal, fresh flowers in vases or tin watering cans to the tables for centerpieces and scatter flower petals around the arrangements.
- Streamers: Decorate your summer party with bright colored crepe or ribbon streamers. Twist two different colored streamers together and hang in doorways, entryways, on banisters and around tables.
- Dangling Décor: Hang strings from ceilings that contain summer decorations such as hibiscus flowers, flip flops, sunglasses, beach balls or hula girls. Attach the strings to doorways, windows or on the edge of a porch or deck. Make the decorations yourself with strings and online picture printouts or visit your local party store and purchase the items.
- Beach Décor: What’s more summery than the beach? Create beach-themed summer decorations with lots of shells, beach glass and starfish. Put larger shells in a hurricane vase with a tall candle and use smaller shells to sprinkle around the tables.
Take advantage of the season and try to throw the party outdoors where you can use the surroundings as part of the decor and enjoy the beautiful weather.
Ready to plan your own summer party? Get started with free online invitations!