Unusual Ways to Celebrate Summer
The weather is nice, the days are long, the flowers are in bloom — all of which make summer the perfect time for celebrations! However, summer is also a time of year with very few official holidays. While the two-month period between July 4th and Labor Day may be void of popular holidays, it’s chock full of fun and quirky reasons to celebrate!
Need an excuse to throw a party? These fun summer ideas are sure to help you find a festive theme for your event:
- National Pina Colada Day (July 10)
- National Gummi Worm Day (July 15)
- National Hot Dog Day (July 23)
- Girlfriends Day (August 1)
- National Ice Cream Sandwich Day (August 2)
- International Beer Day (August 5)
- S’mores Day (August 10)
- National Relaxation Day (August 15)
- National Lemonade Day (August 20)
- Eat Outside Day (August 31)
Want to find out which quirky holidays to celebrate this summer? The Reasons to Celebrate section of Punchbowl highlights interesting and unusual reasons to celebrate for all 365 days of the year. In most cases there is more than one reason to celebrate per day as well as weekly and monthly reasons to celebrate. If you want to be the first to know the daily reasons to celebrate, there are a couple of ways to do this. First, go to any Reasons to Celebrate page and sign up to “Get daily email updates!” You can also like Punchbowl on Facebook or follow us on Twitter. Your daily dose of reasons to celebrate are posted every morning!
Sign up and we'll send more inspiration straight to you.Sign up now