Western-Themed Baby Shower
A western themed baby shower is a wonderful shower theme for a little boy. Also known as a cowboy baby shower or a rodeo baby shower, there are many wonderful ideas you can use to make a western themed shower come to life! Between western baby shower decorations, party invitations, favors, and more, you'll be able to pull together a cohesive and memorable shower theme.
Here are some creative western baby shower ideas to use as you plan the themed baby shower:
- Invitations: Choose a western baby shower invitation to send to guests. Punchbowl offers the rodeo invitation below where you can enter all of the details about the cowboy baby shower, then send to your guests electronically and track RSVPs via email.
- Decorations: For cowboy baby shower decorations, use a few pieces of cardboard and make some large cacti. Also, if at all possible, pick up a few bales of hay to display sporadically around the yard or the entryway to the house. These will set the scene of the wild west for your guests at they enter the shower.
- Centerpiece: For western themed centerpieces use real cactus plants and tie a bright blue ribbon around the terra cotta planter. You can use these as centerpieces on the buffet table, the gift table, and anywhere else where it makes sense for your venue.
- Table Settings: Use thin rope to make tiny “lassos” to use as napkin holders. This cute touch will add to the atmosphere of your western baby shower theme. If you're not having table settings, you can also wrap a napkin around the silverware, then add the "lassos" to keep silverware and napkins together at the buffet table.
- Favors: Order plastic cowboy hats (preferably in blue) and decorate them with blue plastic rhinestones to give out as cowboy shower favors. Guests can wear them during the party. You can also decorate a sheriff's badge for the mom-to-be!
- Menu: Serve a BBQ buffet fit for a western rodeo. This includes Texas-style chili, hot dogs, baked sweet potatoes, cucumber salad, corn on the cob, and of course sweet tea.
- Dessert: Guests always look forward to dessert. Don't disappoint with this adorable cowboy cake that makes a great finishing touch to a western baby shower!
If you like the ideas for this western themed baby shower, check out our free online invitations for baby showers to invite all of your guests in style!
Sign up and we'll send more inspiration straight to you.Sign up now