Top 5 Oscars-Inspired Cocktails
Start off your Oscars party with some amazing cocktails! Get guests mixing and mingling on the red carpet with our top 5 Oscars-inspired cocktail recipes. These recipes are the perfect blend of classic old Hollywood with a touch of modern flair. Choose your favorite to serve as a signature drink, or set up a mix-your-own cocktail station with directions for each one. Cheers!
The Red Carpet
Also known as a Glam Kir Royale, we love this cocktail for its gorgeous rosy color, and how easy it is to serve to a crowd. Pick up some vintage-style champagne glasses for serving!
- 3 oz. creme de cassis
- 1 bottle Champagne
- 1 orange for zesting
- Right before serving, pour 1 tbsp. creme de cassis into a cocktail glass.
- Top with bubbly, and garnish with orange zest! Serves 6.
The Golden Age
This ginger-spiced cocktail is sure to warm up even the toughest crowd! This beautiful sparkling cocktail is inspired by all the glitz and glamour of Hollywood’s history. Serve it in champagne flutes or martini glasses.
- 2 tsp. finely grated, peeled fresh ginger
- 1/2 c. sugar
- 1 bottle dry sparkling wine, like Cava, Prosecco, or Champagne
- Sprig of culinary-grade lavender, for garnish
- Set up a fine-mesh sieve over a small bowl and set aside
- In a small saucepan boil ginger, sugar, and 1/4 c. water. Cool until you get a syrup-like consistency, about 2 minutes
- Pour through sieve into a bowl, discarding solids. (Note: You can store this syrup in a tightly covered container in the refrigerator, for up to one week)
- Pour 1 tbsp. syrup into each of 8 tall cocktail glasses.
- Top with sparkling wine, and gently stir.
- Finally, top with an elegant sprig of lavender for garnish!
The Leading Man
Pay homage to the Best Actor nominees with this classic dirty martini recipe. Pair with The Leading Lady recipe below for a fun His and Hers cocktail station.
- 2.5 oz. vodka or gin
- 1/2 oz. dry vermouth
- 1/2 oz. olive juice
- Add all ingredients into a cocktail shaker filled with ice
- Stir and strain into a chilled cocktail glass
- Garnish with olives
The Leading Lady
A sweet, elegant counterbalance to the classic martini above, The Leading Lady is a fun raspberry twist on the lemon drop cocktail. Oh so pretty in pink!
- 1/2 fresh lemon
- 1 1/2 oz. raspberry vodka
- 1 1/2 oz. citrus vodka
- 1 1/2 oz. orange liqueur
- 2 oz. lemonade
- Fresh raspberries, for garnish
- sugar (to rim the glasses)
- Ahead of time, skewer fresh raspberries and place in freezer (for garnish)
- Fill cocktail shaker with ice, and squeeze in the juice of 1/2 of a lemon
- Next, add the vodkas and orange liqueur
- Top with the lemonade and shake rapidly for 10-15 seconds
- Sugar the rims of two chilled cocktail glasses, then pour cocktail into each glass
- Garnish with frozen raspberry skewers
The Best Picture Boost
The Oscars are notorious for running a bit long, so help your guests get to The Best Picture winner announcement with this warm and toasty espresso-infused cocktail. A wonderful reminder that it’s always worth sticking around for the end of the evening!
- 3 c. whole milk
- 3 tbsp. crushed cinnamon sticks
- 8 oz. semisweet chocolate, finely chopped
- 3 tbsp. granulated sugar
- Pinch of kosher salt
- 1/2 c. espresso
- Lightly sweetened whipped cream
- Chocolate-covered espresso beans (option; for garnish)
- Irish cream liqueur, for topping
- In a medium saucepan, bring milk and cinnamon to a simmer over medium-low heat
- Whisk occasionally, to make sure milk doesn’t boil over, about 10 minutes
- Whisk in the chocolate, sugar, and salt and cook, whisking often, until it’s smooth and creamy and the chocolate has melted (about 5 minutes)
- Pour through a fine-mesh sieve into a large measuring cup, and discard the cinnamon
- Add espresso to the hot chocolate mixture and stir
- Divide among heat-proof cocktail glasses, and top with whipped cream, espresso beans, and Irish cream liqueur
Plan out the perfect cocktail menu for your party with these delicious drinks, and then send out an exclusive Oscars online invitation!
Sign up and we'll send more inspiration straight to you.Sign up now