Plan a show-stopping Oscars party to watch the 91st Annual Academy Awards! From menu items, to games, to invitations, we’ve got you covered for a memorable night. Here are 5 simple tips and ideas to help you start planning the perfect Oscars party.
1. Send Exclusive Oscars Online Invitations: Set the tone of your party with a beautiful, free Oscars invitation from our exclusive collection. Personalize with important details such as date, time, and location – in just minutes. Once it’s just perfect, you can quickly and easily share your invitations via email or social media.
2. Mix Oscars-Inspired Cocktails: Get guests mingling with some fancy cocktails! Make guests feel like they’re on the red carpet with a refreshing Champagne-based beverage. One of our favorite Oscars cocktail recipes is The Golden Age, a beautiful ginger-infused champagne cocktail inspired by all the glitz and glamour of Hollywood’s history.
The Golden Age
2 tsp. finely grated, peeled fresh ginger
1/2 c. sugar
1 bottle dry sparkling wine, like Cava, Prosecco, or Champagne
Sprig of culinary-grade lavender, for garnish
Set up a fine-mesh sieve over a small bowl and set aside
In a small saucepan boil ginger, sugar, and 1/4 c. water. Cool until you get a syrup-like consistency, about 2 minutes
Pour through sieve into a bowl, discarding solids. (Note: You can store this syrup in a tightly covered container in the refrigerator, for up to one week)
Pour 1 tbsp. syrup into each of 8 tall cocktail glasses.
Top with champagne or sparkling wine, and gently stir.
Finally, top with an elegant sprig of lavender!
Check out our Top 5 Oscars-Inspired Cocktails for more delicious recipes.
3. Serve Red Carpet-Worthy Snacks: Pull out all the stops with some decadent, delicious party snacks. Add a touch of glitz with variations on classic popcorn, with options like caramel corn, white cheddar popcorn, and chocolate drizzled popcorn.
We love this recipe for Golden Caramel Corn:
- Cooking oil
- Popcorn kernels
- 2 tbsp. butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
Pop the popcorn! Using a deep pot with a lid, add enough cooking oil to cover the bottom of the pan. (Make sure to add before turning on the heat). Add about a cup of kernels to the cold oil and stir. On medium heat, begin sliding the pot back and forth to distribute the heat. As soon as the kernels begin to pop, cover the pot and keep sliding back and forth until all kernels are popped.
For the caramel, combine the butter and brown sugar in a pot on medium-high heat, stirring occasionally until the mixture boils. Then turn off the heat and remove the pot from the heat. Pour the popcorn into a serving bowl and drizzle the caramel mixture over the popcorn. Mix with a wooden spoon and be sure to let cool before eating.
If you've established a gold theme with your decorations, you can easily incorporate it into your menu with some beautifully decorated cake pops and petit fours. Here’s an easy recipe for an impressive cake pop display.
Hollywood Stardust Cake Pops
- 1 package cake mix (flavor of your choice)
- Water, oil and eggs (per cake mix instructions)
- 1/2 container store-bought frosting
- 32 oz. white chocolate
- 2 tsp. vegetable shortening or oil
- 50 lollipop sticks
- styrofoam block (to help set cake pops)
- melted white chocolate, toasted coconut, and caramel for decoration
- First, preheat your oven to 350°F. Grease and flour a 13” x 9” pan.
- Mix and bake the cake, according to package instructions.
- Once fully cooled, crumble the cake into a large bowl.
- Spoon half the container of frosting into a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on high for 10-15 seconds, to soften.
- Add frosting to crumbled cake and stir (by hand) until blended. Add more softened frosting if the cake needs more moisture to stick together.
- Shape the cake mixture into about 50 balls, and place on a sheet pan covered with waxed paper. Chill for 15-20 minutes.
- Melt the white chocolate and shortening in a microwave-safe bowl over medium heat for 1 minute. Stir and microwave 30 seconds, repeating until all melted. Then, divide into 2 bowls.
- Dip one end of each lollipop stick into the melted white chocolate, then insert into the center of a cake ball. Chill for 5 minutes.
- Dip each cake ball into melted white chocolate. Insert stick into styrofoam block to set, and repeat until all are dipped. (Tip: Re-heat the chocolate in the microwave as needed)
- Once set, drizzle with melted white chocolate, toasted coconut, and caramel for an impressive Oscars dessert!
4. Play Oscars Bingo: Oscars night is a wonderful reason to gather together with family and friends. To make sure everyone is included in the fun, entertain your guests with Academy Awards party games and contests! One idea we love is to download our free Printable Oscars Bingo cards. There are fifteen unique bingo cards featuring clues like "Someone trips on the way to the stage," "Car commercial airs," and lots of other details that are specific to this year's ceremony!
5. Add A Touch of Hollywood Glamour: No party is complete without decorations. Impress your party guests with all the sparkle of Hollywood’s biggest night! Line food tables with a glittering table runner, topped with flowers that add a pop of color (we love bright pink, or a deep red).
Another easy DIY decorating idea is to create a multi-tiered display for snacks or desserts. Use cake stands (found at most craft stores), and spray-paint them gold. Sprinkle around some confetti and add a bunch of color-coordinating balloons for a beautiful party space.
Ready to get started? Personalize an exclusive free Awards Show invitation for your party!