If you want to have a party this December 31st, consider having a New Year’s theme party with friends and family. There are so many fun and unique New Year’s party themes that you can use to make any party, big or small, a great time.
To get you started with your planning, here are some New Year’s theme party ideas:
- Game Night: This is a great example of how to adapt New Year’s Eve party themes to fit your get together. Keep things casual by inviting guests to come dressed in comfy clothes and to bring their favorite board games. Depending on how many people attend, you can divide up the party and set up teams for games such as Pictionary or Trivial Pursuit. Other games like Apples to Apples work for groups of any size. If you want to throw a formal event, however, take your game night theme up a notch with a fancy casino party. Ask guests to dress up a bit and play poker, blackjack, or other card games.
- Movie Night: If you need options for New Year’s theme parties for both kids and adults, this is a wonderful choice. Depending on how much space you have, you can set up one marathon of movies for the adults and another for the kids. Make sure to have lots of pillows, blankets, and movie snacks like popcorn or candy on hand for the viewing. If you’re kicking off the party early, get a movie and its sequel or even a trilogy to last you until midnight. Switch to live TV just in time to see the ball drop!
- Glow In The Dark Party: Buy black lights from your local party supplies store and set them up around the house. You will also want to purchase glow sticks, bracelets, necklaces, or even eyeglasses to hand out to guests. As you decorate, consider using fiber optic lights to add a bit of color to your party. Did you know that tonic water also glows under black lights? Try making ice cubes or jello molds with tonic water for a glowing food and drink display. The electrifying mood created by the black light effect is perfect for a party on a night filled with anticipation.
- Karaoke Night: Let your inner Madonna shine through! Rent a karaoke machine for the night of the party and find familiar and favorite tunes to play. You can let guests know ahead of time that there will be singing (so they can practice!) and even encourage them to dress up as their favorite performer. A fun touch is to give out awards to your guests brave enough to stand up and belt it out. Make your awards funny and creative such as “Best Dance Moves” or “Most Likely to Be Discovered.”
- Indulgence Party: Celebrate one last hurrah! Create “vice stations” at your party with all of the indulgences most people plan on giving up for their New Year’s Resolution. For example, have a decadent dessert buffet with everyone’s favorite treats or set up a video-gaming lounge for those who want to try to unplug more in the upcoming year. Enjoy these guilty pleasures together before agreeing to stick to your resolutions together!
The countdown until midnight will pass in a flash at your New Year’s Eve theme party. You may be having so much fun that you won’t want to the night to end! Remember, you can incorporate your New Year’s Eve Party theme into all aspects of your party, from the online invitations to the decorations to the favors.