A Memorial Day cookout is the perfect kickoff to a fun-filled summer and a great way to get friends together who haven't seen each other in a while. Invite your family and friends over for an afternoon of fun in the sun and a full stomach!
Get inspired to fire up the grill with our Memorial Day cookout ideas:
- Send out personalized Memorial Day invitations far enough in advance so that your guests don’t make other plans. Let them know the details of your party and if you have a swimming pool, be sure to let them know to bring their bathing suits! Check out our Memorial Day invites here.
- Use Punchbowl’s Potluck feature to have your guests sign up to bring certain food items to your cookout. For a basic Memorial Day cookout menu, serve hamburgers, hot dogs, potato salad, popsicles and offer an assortment of drinks. And don't forget some cool treats, like popsicles and ice cream.
- Plan some fun activities for your guest during your cookout. Set up a volleyball net or leave the space open for people to play wiffle ball. Other fun games include horseshoes, Frisbee, bocce ball, or even a water balloon toss!
- Let guests bring their dogs for a fun alternative to a traditional cookout. Put out bowls of doggy treats and tennis balls and let the fun begin!
- Have a rain date planned for your cookout in case the weather doesn't work in your favor.
The summer months fill up quickly with vacations and other activities, so buy a bunch of disposable cameras and let guests take pictures as they visit with friends and family. They can take the camera home and develop the pictures for a lasting memory.