Five Safety Tips for Kids' Halloween Costumes
Halloween is all about tricking, treating and costumes! However, it is important to always make sure you follow a few safety tips for Halloween so your child’s costume is safe for trick-or-treating on Halloween night. Here are a few things to always keep in mind when purchasing, making and dressing your little ones for Halloween:
- Make sure the costume material and accessories are flame resistant. Most store-bought children’s costumes today are, but it is always good to check the labels, especially if there are candle jack-o-lanterns along the trick-or-treat route.
- If you child’s outfit involves a wig, beard or mask, make sure that it is not obstructing their eyes and that it fits properly. Enabling them to see clearly makes it easier for your kids to be aware of their surroundings and will prevent trips and falls.
- Do a spot test for any face paint, make-up or glitter your child plans on using to make sure that they aren’t allergic. If you already know of allergies, check the ingredients before putting it on.
- Pirates, ninjas and wizards are popular costumes for kids, but make sure the accessories (swords, knives, etc.) are not sharp or too heavy.
- Make sure your child is wearing the right footwear! When trick-or-treating, it is essential to make sure the kids are wearing comfortable shoes so they can easily get from house to house without tripping, falling or hurting themselves.
You can never be too cautious when thinking about Halloween costume safety. Use these costume safety tips to ensure you and your family have a safe, fun-filled Halloween night.
Sign up and we'll send more inspiration straight to you.Sign up now