Christmas Dinner Party Menu
Plan a tasty Christmas dinner party menu to satisfy guests during the holidays. Include appetizers, the main course, side dishes, desserts, and drinks as part of your Christmas dinner menu.
Try some of these spectacular Christmas dinner menu ideas:
- Appetizer: Serve delicious appetizers as Christmas dinner party food to entice your guests to look forward to the rest of the meal. Offer mini hotdogs and mini pizza bagels. Hire a caterer to serve the appetizers to guests or set up a table as an appetizer station.
- Main Course: Prepare mouth-watering prime rib. Use the leftover drippings from the prime rib mixed with flour, milk, salt, pepper, and herbs to create a gravy mixture for the prime rib.
- Side Dishes: Complement the prime rib with a starch and vegetable for side dishes. Serve three cheese potatoes al gratin for the starch. Prepare mashed cauliflower for the vegetable.
- Desserts: Serve Christmas butter cookies and decorate them with red and green M&Ms. Bake pies in addition to the cookies.
- Drinks: Serve red wine, such as Pinot Noir, to complement the prime rib. Have soda and water available for non-alcoholic beverages. Prepare tea and coffee to serve with dessert.
- Appetizer: Serve the appetizers to guests as part of a sit-down meal. Start with soup and salad. Create a pear salad with sweet pears, lettuce, candied pecans, goat cheese, avocado, and a light vinaigrette dressing. Complement the salad with a warm and inviting butternut squash and apple soup.
- Main Course: Serve a fantastic honey baked ham to guests for Christmas dinner party food. Accent the ham with garnishes, such as pieces of pineapple and cherries. Show off the cooked ham before you slice into it and start to serve it to guests.
- Side Dishes: Keep the side dishes sweet, similar to the appetizer and main course. Serve mashed sweet potatoes with delicious mini marshmallows melted on top. Add a vegetable such as green bean almondine.
- Desserts: Keep with the fruit theme, and bake blueberry and apple pies. Warm the pies, and top individual slices with scoops of vanilla ice cream. For another dessert idea, serve a healthy fruit salad composed of cantaloupe, honeydew melon, watermelon, strawberries, grapes, and pineapple.
- Drinks: Serve Reisling to go along with the honey baked ham. Also offer non-alcoholic beverages such as sparkling water and soda. Boil water for tea at the end of the meal, and also be prepared to serve coffee.
Take advantage of any guests who offer to bring dishes to add to the Christmas party menus. Ask guests for additional Christmas menu ideas to better the end result of the meal. Ready to kickoff the celebration? Send one of our free Christmas party invitations.
Sign up and we'll send more inspiration straight to you.Sign up now