5 Tips for Planning Your Holiday Party
During the holiday season, party planning can go into full swing. Families and friends plan all types of festive holiday parties from cookie exchanges and gift swaps to tree decorating parties and traditional Christmas dinners.
Whether you’re hosting an annual holiday celebration or want to start a new holiday tradition, here are 5 great tips to help you plan a splendid holiday party:
- Choose a date that works for key guests. The holiday season is a very busy time of year. To help narrow down the ideal holiday party date, you'll want to get the party date on the calendar early!
- Find an appropriate venue. Depending on the size and type of your party, you may decide to host your holiday gathering outside your home. Old-fashioned inns offer a rustic charm, while a bar or restaurant can provide a lively atmosphere.
- Send beautiful invites. Regardless of whether your event is big or small, an accurate head count is a must. Choose a beautiful design for your party and send online invitations to keep track of your guest list. Your guests can also RSVP for their guests!
- Choose a festive theme. If you want to host a holiday party but aren’t sure where to start, choose a theme. A party theme can give your party a focus and will make your job of planning a little easier. It can also be fun for the guests. Some ideas include Ugly Sweater parties, Tree Trimming parties, or a Secret Santa.
- Set up a hot cocoa bar. Whether you host your party at home or in an outside venue, incorporate a hot cocoa bar to give the party an extra special holiday touch. Don’t forget the peppermint sticks!
There are a number of other ways that you can create a memorable holiday party for guests. Decorations, menu selection, and entertainment all contribute to festive holiday fun. Start planning early to make the most of this special time of year!
Sign up and we'll send more inspiration straight to you.Sign up now