5 Snow Day Activities for Kids
Take advantage of the next day you’re snowed in with the family! Use a winter day indoors to its fullest, with activities from crafts to baking. Keep little ones busy and having fun while the snow piles up outside!
Fun activities can include:
- Create a hot cocoa bar:Add some excitement to traditional hot cocoa with add-ins like marshmallows, chocolate chips, cinnamon sticks, caramel candies – anything you have on hand! Get creative with candy cane stirrers or a scoop of ice cream.
- Bake your favorite cookies:Spend some quality time in the kitchen and whip up a batch of your favorite cookie. Chances are they’ll be gone by bedtime! Try popular winter varieties such as gingerbread, sugar, or snickerdoodles cookies. Also consider festive toppings such as peppermint pieces, chocolate candies, and colorful icing.
- DIY the day away:Have you been filling your Pinterest board with new crafts to do with the kids? Now’s the time to check them off the list. Make your own playdough with only a few ingredients. Use washable paints on blank canvas (found at any craft store) for one-of-a-kind artwork. Use your imagination!
- Break out the board games:This is a fun activity for all ages. Dig out your classic board games that probably don’t get played very often and get started! Monopoly, Clue, Twister, and Scrabble are always a hit.
- Watch a movie:Snowy, cold winter days can be great for cuddling up on the couch with a good movie. Choose a family-friendly title and settle in. Movies such as The Wizard of Oz, The Incredibles, Toy Story, and Night at the Museum are sure to be crowd-pleasers.
Sign up and we'll send more inspiration straight to you.Sign up now