Punchbowl is looking for a Senior DevOps/SysOps Engineer to join our growing team. As a Senior DevOps/SysOps Engineer, you will lead the ops team to manage and improve the AWS web infrastructure used by Punchbowl.com. You will be responsible for ensuring site reliability, monitoring and enhancing the observability of key systems, security, reliable deployment of services, disaster recovery planning, and CI. Additionally, you will have the opportunity to work closely with the development team to improve our processes and our Ruby on Rails applications and services.
Our team values uptime, stability, scalability, and reliability – and by joining our team you will have the opportunity to learn and apply new technologies to meet these needs as we grow.
- Expert knowledge of Linux systems administration covering security, maintenance, backups, disaster recovery, storage management, monitoring, etc. (Ubuntu)
- AWS infrastructure management experience: EC2, VPC, S3, ELB, CloudFront, Route53, RDS, ElastiCache
- Experience with database administration (MySQL, MongoDB)
- Experience using infrastructure configuration management tools (Terraform, Chef)
- Experience using and maintaining monitoring, logging, & observability tools (ELK stack, Grafana, Prometheus, Nagios)
- Understanding of systems and networking: DNS, SSL, SMTP, SSH, VPN
- Web infrastructure management: HAProxy, NGINX, understanding of HTTP
- Expert command line and bash scripting skills
- Familiarity with web development technologies, tools, and methodologies
- Familiar with Docker, containers, CI/CD, automation
- Exposure to AWS Lambda, Fargate, ECS, DynamoDB, Aurora, CloudWatch, EKS
Do you want to work in a growing company that invests in its employees more than the average company? Punchbowl is the company behind the critically-acclaimed technology platform for celebrations, holidays, and meaningful life memories. The Company runs its platform on Punchbowl.com, Memento.com, and best-in-class iOS and Android apps. We provide a fun, casual, and innovative environment where hard work is recognized and rewarded.
Some Punchbowl Perks:
- 100% healthcare coverage
- Flexibility to work from wherever you will be most effective
- A collaborative, start-up environment where you’ll learn a lot, get your hands dirty, and see your work directly impact our customers
- Fantastic, smart coworkers who are passionate about what they do
- Virtual team coffee chats, Friday team trivia challenges, and anything else we can think of to have fun as a team from a distance
To apply: Please send a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
PLEASE NOTE: Applicants must reside in the United States. We are open to this position being remote, but preference will be given to candidates who can work in our Framingham, MA office.