Sweet 16 Red Carpet Affair
Since a sweet sixteen birthday party is already a big deal, a “red carpet affair” is a super theme fitting for the occasion. Glamour, celebrities, fashion, and of course Hollywood are all associated with the red carpet, which is usually rolled out for awards shows, movie premiers, and of course, your teen's sweet sixteen party! You can incorporate all of these elements to host a truly over-the-top sweet sixteen party.
Here are some ideas to get you started:
- Roll out the red carpet for guests-literally. You can find one at your local rental store for big impact.
- Hire local photographers or designate family members to be the paparazzi for the night. It’s more fun to get glamorous if the shutterbugs are out!
- A DJ or live band is a must! Get your teen's friends moving with great music. If you don’t have the budget for the real thing, have a music-savvy friend play the part.
- Set a dress code so that guests know you expect them to be glamorous and dressed to impress.
- Decorate with red—hang red Chinese lanterns from the ceiling, light red candles in clear votive holders, and use red boxes wrapped in red ribbons as fun accessories.
- Create a VIP lounge for guests to relax and show one of your favorite Oscar films. Don’t forget the popcorn in red and white striped bags.
- Chocolate Oscar statues make a perfect party favor. Personalize it by adding a clever tag that says, "Achievement in Party Flair, GUEST NAME"