Sweet Sixteen Party Games
A sweet sixteen party is an exciting occasion for any teenager. Once you've got your sweet 16 party theme and venue nailed down, it's time to move on to some of the other details of the party such as games and entertainment. The two go hand in hand. If you have a big sweet 16 party with a DJ, for example, you'll still want to make sure the sweet 16 DJ plays games with the guests.
If a DJ isn't in your plans, there are still plenty of sweet sixteen games that you can play with your guests. Here are some ideas for sweet sixteen party games to make your birthday bash the most memorable event of the year!
- Lie Detector: For this sweet sixteen party game, pass out a piece of paper and pen to each of your guests. Have them write down 3 facts on the paper. Two of the facts must be truthful and one of the facts must be a lie. The lie can be as silly, outrageous, or as believable as you want it to be. Then, go around the group and have each person read off their facts. The rest of the group must then try and guess which of their facts is the lie! This is a great game to play prior to any of the other activities because it lightens the mood and gets everyone talking and laughing, especially if you have groups of friends from different social circles (school, camp, neighborhood) as it will help everyone get to know each other better.
- Fashion Show: This sweet 16 party game is perfect for an all-girls party or a co-ed event. Set up a cat walk down the middle of your living room. Have a box full of hats, makeup, and accessories for the guests to wear. Then each guest can have a turn strutting down the runway wearing their best outfits. Have prizes for most unique outfit, best dressed, best model walk, etc. Also make sure to have a camera ready to snap some great photos!
- Musical Chairs: This game is one you may remember playing when you were younger—however it never gets old! It is a great sweet 16 party game to get you and your friends laughing, having fun, and dancing to the music! To play, set up one less chair as there are people at your party. It is usually best to set them up back to back so that people can form a circle around them. Start playing music and have people walk or dance around in a circle around the chairs. Once the music stops, everyone must find a chair to sit in. The one person who is left standing is out of the game. Remove one chair from the circle and continue playing until there is one person left in the game.
- Karaoke: Rent a karaoke machine for guests to show off their singing and/or lip syncing skills. Some great songs to play are “Sixteen Candles” by Jackson 5, “Happy Birthday” by Stevie Wonder, “Sweet Sixteen” by Beyonce. Of course, you can also have songs by your favorite performers. You friends probably already know all the words anyway!
- Balloon Truth or Dare: This is another fun sweet 16 game for your party. Before the party starts, write out 10 truth questions and 10 dares each on small index cards. Carefully place the card inside each balloon and then blow them up. During the party, each guest can take a turn popping a balloon and either answering a truth question or completing the dare.
Sign up and we'll send more inspiration straight to you.Sign up now