10 Impressive Stats About Digital Moms
Moms realize that technology makes their lives easier and they're adopting new technologies faster than the average American. But from the brand or agency perspective, does Mom's increased tech savvy mean you should start a Pinterest page? Or create a new app? Or advertise on mobile? We've compiled the following facts and fictures to educate agencies and marketers about this key audience, the digital mom, so they can make the best strategic decisions for their brands.
Here are 10 impressive stats about these tech-savvy mamas:
1) Nearly 70% of Moms believe technology helps them to be better moms. (Forbes)
2) Moms are 38% more likely to own an Internet TV device, such as Apple TV or Roku, than the general population. They are 28% more likely to use a tablet. They are 38% more likley to own a smartphone. (BabyCenter)
3) Moms spend 6.1 hours per day on average on their smartphones. (TechCrunch)
4) Moms are 58% more likely to shop via mobile device. (BabyCenter)
5) In a survey of 1,500 tablet-owning moms, 97% made a purchase in the last month. (Edison Research)
6) 77% of moms follow 1 or more brands on social media. 23% follow 10 or more brands. (MarketingCharts)
7) Moms are 61% more likely to visit Pinterest than the average American. (Nielsen)
8) Almost 25% of a mom's phone apps are for her kids. (MakeUseOf)
9) 31% of moms spend more than 10 hours a week on their tablet, but less than 2 hours on their tablet. (TechCrunch)
10) 50% of moms access social media from their phones. (Nielsen)
Want more staggering stats about moms and the technologies they're using every single day? Get the white paper, "Moms & Digital: 20 Stats About Tech-Loving Mamas."
Posted by Katie Petrillo