Owls are often associated with schools because they are a symbol of wisdom. They remind everyone that it’s time to put on their thinking caps and head back to school! That’s why an owl theme party is a great celebration for the start of school. This kind of party is also versatile because it can be used for any age group.
If you are in need of some owl theme party ideas, take a look at the suggestions below:
- Invitations: Take a look at Punchbowl’s Back to School invitations to let your guests know the party details ahead of time. Add an owl picture to a back to school design to maintain the theme!
- Decorations: Check out antique stores for a variety of owl items to use as decorations for your party. You should also check these stores for small owl favors such as stuffed animals and coffee mugs (depending on the age group). Give one to each guest and attach this cute nursery rhyme and life lesson: “A wise old owl lived in an oak; the more he saw the less he spoke. The less he spoke, the more he heard. Why can’t we all be like the wise old bird?” This little gift will serve as an inspired memento for guests.
- Favors: If the guests are about to leave for college, create packages of college survival items. Have the kids choose items such as lotions, pepper spray, and pens. Brain food is also a practical gift that will certainly be appreciated by any future college student! Snacks such as peanut butter, chocolate, and oatmeal packs are all tasty and useful. Don’t forget small packs of instant mac and cheese for those late night cravings! Then, find fun owl bags to hold all of the back to school survival kit items.
- T-Shirts: Custom-make t-shirts for guests that say, “Wise Owl” or “Night Owl” on them. Alternatively, include a t-shirt decorating element in your party. You can print an owl picture onto plain t-shirts and have guests decorate them for themselves. This will get their creative juices flowing before school starts.
- Game Idea: A fun activity is to play a trivia game such as Jeopardy. This way, you can challenge your guests to channel their inner wise owl!
Back to school is always a whirlwind of emotions—students are happy to get back to see their friends but sad to leave summer behind. This owl theme party will certainly put a smile on their faces to send them back to school with high spirits.