Terrific 10th Birthday Party Ideas
Planning a 10th birthday party? Punchbowl has all of the essential party planning ideas to help you create a memorable day for your son or daughter’s milestone celebration. Here are five terrific ideas for 10th birthday party to help guide your planning process:
- Pick a Theme: Picking a theme for the party makes the rest of your party planning that much easier. There are so many unique themes for 10th birthday party ideas, just make sure you pick one that fits your child’s personality.
10th birthday party ideas for girls:
10th birthday party ideas for boys:
- G.I. Joe/Army
- Favorite Sports
- Harry Potter
- Super Hero
- Send Invitations: Once you have picked a themed for the party, the next step in your planning process is to design and send out free kid birthday invitations. Try to incorporate your party theme and the milestone birthday into the design. Also remember to send out your invitation 3-4 weeks before the party. Highlight your child's favorite character! For example, if your child loves Hello Kitty, then be sure to send a free Hello Kitty online invitation for the party.
- Party Decorations: To make your party space extra special and festive for your child’s 10th birthday, use lots of party decorations. Pick out colorful balloons, ribbon, and streamers to display throughout the party. Also, make a banner and hang it for everyone to see when they enter the party space. Tie in aspects of your theme into your decor too. For example, if the theme is sports than have footballs, soccer balls, and baseballs as part of the table décor and around the party area.
- 10th Birthday Party Cake: Bake or purchase a birthday cake to serve at the party. Have your cake reflect the party theme to make it more personalized. Also, don’t forget to use a “10” cake topper to help make your child’s milestone birthday even more special.
- 10th Birthday Party Games: Decide on 2-3 party games to play during the birthday celebration. Try to pick games that match the party theme, such as a whiffle ball game at a sports theme party. Here are a some popular birthday party games for girls and boys that can be easily tailored to fit your party:
Games for girls:
- Make-up application/dress-up
- Dance contest or singing contest
- Arts and crafts
- Pool activities (weather permitting)
Games for boys:
- "Capture the Flag"
- "Simon Says"
- A scavenger hunt
- Water games (weather permitting): water balloons, water guns and water volleyball
Turning 10 is a huge deal for any kid, so try and make it super special by incorporating personal touches and a special speech about how proud you are of them.
Sign up and we'll send more inspiration straight to you.Sign up now