Sweet Sixteen Invitations
It is quite common for a sweet sixteen birthday party to have a theme. A sweet sixteen theme is a great way to personalize the party for the birthday girl or boy because it can reflect their likes and interests. There are many different ways to incorporate a party theme into the party, starting with the sweet 16 invitations!
If you have not yet thought of a theme for your party don’t stress! Here are some great theme ideas and tips for how to get the sweet 16 invitation wording just right:
- Dance Party Theme: For this party theme, choose sweet sixteen invitations that are brightly colored, have musical notes on them, or have a dance theme (the free online invitations above, for example, can be found on Punchbowl). For these sweet 16 invitations, choose wording like “Come Dance the Night Away” or “Join us for a Rock n’ Roll Sweet 16 Bash!”
- Hollywood Theme: Choose party invitations to look like a red carpet, Oscar statue, or that have a movie theme. Use language like “You are Invited to a Hollywood Affair” or “Lights, Camera, Action” on the invitations.
- Black and White Theme: For these sweet 16 invites, it is important to let your guests know the dress code for the party. Make sure you write that everyone must “Come Dressed to Impress in Your Black and White Best.” Also be sure to write on the invites whether this is a black tie event or if guests can wear casual black and white clothes.
- Caribbean Theme: This party theme is great for a laid back pool party. Send out beach styled invites to let guests know if there is anything that they need to bring to the party such as food or a bathing suit. For the wording on the sweet 16 invites, write something like “Catch the wave!” or “We be jammin’ at my sweet sixteen birthday bash!”
- Surprise Party: If you're planning a sweet sixteen birthday party, choose an invitation that conveys that it's a surprise. On the invitations, make sure that you explicitly write that the party is a surprise. Some good wording choices are: “Shh...It’s a surprise party in honor of Sarah!” or “Please join us for a Surprise Birthday Party for Joey!”
- Campout Party: If you love the outdoors, this is the perfect sweet sixteen theme for you. Host your campout near a lake or mountain or in your own backyard. Choose wording on the camping invitation like “Join us for a night under the stars” or “S’mores, ghost stories, and more! This campout party won’t be a bore!”
- Sports Theme: Another great sweet 16 party idea is to have a sports theme. Design the invitations with the colors of your favorite sport or team. Another idea is to make the invitations look like tickets to an actual sports game. Use wording on the 16th birthday invites like “Admit One”, “Event Date”, and “Venue Location.”
Sign up and we'll send more inspiration straight to you.Sign up now