Sports Team Kickoff
Get ready for the fall sports season with a party for everybody on the team. Gear up for back to school sports like youth soccer, track, or football, and make it an easy transition for the kids to start on a new team. Help kids make new friends, meet the coach, and chat about the game with a sports party. A party at the start of the season corresponds with back to school and gives the kids the opportunity to mingle in a social setting out of the classroom and off the field.
Here are some fun sports party ideas to kickstart the season:
- Plan your event on Punchbowl and choose sports party invitations for the event. Include information on the invitation such as the name of the event, date, time, and location.
- Create team practice shirts with plain white tees and paint. Have the kids paint the bottoms of their feet and walk on the shirts. You can write something like “Stepping Together” or “Kicking Together” or “In Step with Each Other.” Have the kids take the shirts home as sports party favors. This will be a favorite t-shirt througout the school year!
- Build a festive atmosphere with sports party decorations and snacks that revolve around the team sport. Make a soccer cake, or make cupcakes that look like footballs or volleyballs. Get creative and impress the kids!
- Have the kids paint signs and flags that encourage team spirit. Use the signs and flags during games for the parent cheering section. This creates a team bonding event that is perfect for kids who are just getting to know each other.
- Plan sports party games in your own yard, driveway, or at a local field.
- Decorate the tables with sports party centerpieces. Purchase a large Styrofoam ball and decorate it to resemble a soccer ball or basketball. For the table itself, lay down a green tablecloth to resemble a grassy field, or a tan tablecloth to represent an indoor court.
- Bring a sign-up sheet so the parents can rotate bringing a special snack after each game. Reinforce the message that it’s not about winning or losing, but having fun and playing the game.
Set the tone for a fun season with a team party that kicks off fall sports. The coach will be thrilled to have engaged parents who are excited about making the team a success!
Sign up and we'll send more inspiration straight to you.Sign up now