Red Velvet Cake Pops Recipe
Red velvet cake pops are a delicious and festive Valentine’s Day dessert. These bite-size sweets are popular with kids and adults alike and can be served as Valentine’s Day tea party food or even at a sophisticated Valentine’s Day cocktail party. Follow the recipe below to serve up something sweet for your sweets this year!
Valentine’s Day Red Velvet Cake Pops Recipe
Ingredients and supplies:
- 1 (18 ounce) box red velvet cake mix
- Other ingredients called for by cake mix (usually eggs, oil, and water)
- 12 ounces cream cheese frosting (3/4 of a can)
- 2 (24 ounce) packages vanilla candy coating
- Food coloring
- Lollipop sticks
- Styrofoam block
- Wax paper
- Bake the red velvet cake, following the directions on the package. Set aside to cool.
- Using your hands, crumble the cake and combine with the frosting until it is evenly distributed.
- Place the bowl with your mixture into the fridge for at least a half hour to chill.
- Roll the cake mixture into small balls, around 1 – 2 inches in size and place on a sheet of wax paper. Return to the fridge while you do the next step.
- Follow the directions on the candy coating to melt it. Add food coloring to create the colors of your choice.
- Remove the cake balls from the fridge, just a few at a time. Dip a lollipop stick into the candy coating before inserting it to create the cake pop. Then dip the entire pop into the candy coating to cover.
- Decorate and stand upright in Styrofoam block to dry.
Decorating Valentine’s Day cake pops is a fun project for the whole family. Experiment with different colored candy, sprinkles, edible glitter, and other festive decorations. Enjoy being creative together!
Sign up and we'll send more inspiration straight to you.Sign up now