When coming up with a creative theme for a birthday party, sometimes you have to go big or go home. What better way to go big on your birthday than to throw a rock star birthday party for you and your friends to enjoy!
There are several ways you can enjoy a rock star birthday. Here are some ideas to get you started:
- Party at home? Set up Rock Band and go wild. Break into teams or different "bands" and do your own version of a battle of the bands. You can put up posters of your favorite bands as decorations.
- Party at a karaoke bar? Make a reservation at a karaoke bar for the night. If your group is big enough, rent out the whole place. Make it more interesting by coming up with games for choosing songs, like you must sing a song from the year you were born.
- Party at a venue? Rent a bar or banquet hall for your party so you can decorate using lights, pictures, and old records to hang on the walls or from the ceiling. Create your own “Hollywood stars” by cutting out large gold stars and writing a guest’s name on each one. Place them on tables to serve as place mats or hang them up as decorations.
No matter which one you choose, there are a few other rock start party ideas you need to take care of, including:
- Invitations: Make sure to send rock star invitations that any decent rocker would be proud to call their own. The invites can include instruments, a microphone, or some other iconic rock star imagery.
- Cake: No rock star party is complete without a rock star birthday cake! Depending on your interests, make a cake in the shape of a guitar, platinum record, or some combination of rock star images that are important to you. If you're creative, make the cake on your own, otherwise, seek out a bakery in your area to make a rock star cake that will impress your guests.
- Favors: Party favors for a rock star party run the gammut. You could give everything from inflatable guitars to iTunes gift cards to mix CDs of your favorite songs.