25 Days of Holiday Memories | Day 5: Thanksgiving Surprise
The 25 Days of Holiday Memories is a collaboration from Punchbowl®, Timehop® & Memento® where we help you get organized and make the most of the holiday season. Sign up here and get daily assignments delivered to your inbox.
Day 5: Plan a Thanksgiving Surprise
For Day 5 of the 25 Days of Holiday Memories, get ready to embrace your inner child and tickle a loved one’s funny bone. Today’s assignment prepares us for lots of laughter and merrymaking on Thanksgiving.
Thanksgiving is all about tradition: year after year, loved ones gather for a turkey dinner with stuffing and pie. While these traditions are beloved, there’s no reason why you can’t inject a little fun and silliness into the day. This year, surprise your loved ones with something completely unexpected. Your assignment today is to plan a Thanksgiving surprise. Below is a list of ideas for ridiculous items you can buy and bring to Thanksgiving.
- Wearable Accessories: Walk in with a drumstick headband, inflatable turkey costume, an adult bib, a light-up necklace, or oversized glasses.
- Table Decor: Find “Let’s Get Basted” turkey wine glasses, “Gobble ‘til You Wobble” placemats, or turkey place card holders.
- Outdoor Decor: If you host this year, welcome guests with an over-the-top Thanksgiving-themed lawn ornament.
- Car Ornament: Pull up to the feast in a vehicle outfitted with turkey window decals, a turkey air freshener, or turkey hood ornament.
- A Game: Bring any game that requires spontaneity, silliness, and creativity to entertain the whole table after you dine. Crowd favorites that are good for all ages include Left Center Right and Pass the Pigs.
Some of our strongest memories come from moments of surprise and laughter. Whatever you choose to bring to Thanksgiving, know that if it brings a smile to someone’s face, it was worth the effort.
To tell us what you planned or purchased, and how many assignments you’ve completed, post with the hashtag #25DaysofHolidayMemories. That’s a wrap on our first week of the 25 Days of Holiday Memories! On Monday we’ll release our next assignment. Stay tuned for the perfect opportunity to get out of a humdrum routine and try something new this holiday season.
More ways to participate in the 25 Days of Holiday Memories:
- Sign up for email updates
- Visit the 25 Days of Holiday Memories page and catch up on assignments
- Follow our family of brands on Instagram: Punchbowl, Timehop, Memento
- Share your #25DaysofHolidayMemories progress
Love this article?
Sign up and we'll send more inspiration straight to you.Sign up now