A Hello Kitty birthday party is perfect for the girly-girl who wants a fun and unique party theme. A Hello Kitty party can be tailored to any age from toddlers to teens. With so many Hello Kitty birthday party ideas, the planning possibilities are endless. Here are some tips to help you throw a memorable Hello Kitty birthday celebration:
- Invitations: Save time with free Hello Kitty invitations! Include all important information that guest will need to know – date, time, location, and more. Easily track and manage RSVP's as they start to come in. Better yet, get party guests excited about the big day with your perfectly themed online invite! Choose from a beautiful collection of Hello Kitty online invitations on Punchbowl.
- Decorations: Hello Kitty is a cute whimsical character, which every aspect of your décor should reflect. Start by using the classic Hello Kitty colors, black, pink and white for balloons, streamers and ribbon. Display these throughout your party space to create a festive atmosphere. Flowers make the perfect centerpieces for table decorations. Put together bouquets for pink and white flowers and accent the vases with thick, textured black ribbon. Scatter party confetti, pink M&Ms, and pink lollipops on the tables for a sweet addition. Other items to include are cups, paper plates, napkins, cake topper, gift bags, party hats and more!
- Party Treats: Serve lots of Hello Kitty-inspired party treats during your celebration. A great idea is to use a Hello Kitty cookie cutter to make Hello Kitty shaped sandwiches. Other treats to include are cut vegetables and dip, sliced apples and peanut butter, bagel pizzas and pink sugar cookies. For drinks, make a Hello Kitty punch spritzer with pink lemonade and club soda with twisty straws. All the kids will love that it’s sweet, fizzy, and pink.
- Activity Idea #1: A great way to combine dessert with a fun activity is to have the kids decorate their own Hello Kitty cupcakes. In advance bake enough cupcakes for each guest, plus a few extra. Frost each cupcake with vanilla frosting ahead of time. Create a decoration station with black licorice for the whiskers, yellow jellybeans for the nose, mini chocolate chips for the eyes, and pink jellybeans for the flower. Include a note on your Hello Kitty online invitation letting parents know that kids should come dressed in play clothes for this activity!
- Activity Idea #2: A Hello Kitty drawing activity is perfect for a birthday girl that loves crafts. Print some black and white Hello Kitty pictures online on thick paper. Buy craft supplies like markers, crayons, glue, glitter and colored pencils. Let the kids color and decorate their own Hello Kitty pictures to take home with them at the end of the party.
- Hello Kitty Birthday Cake: Hello Kitty birthday cakes are easy to make and always look adorable. Bake a round cake and frost with vanilla frosting. For the whiskers, use black licorice (3 on each side), a yellow gum drop for the nose, black jelly beans for the eyes and pink icing for the bow. Decorate the sides of the cake with pink sprinkles.
No matter the age, every young lady will appreciate and have fun at her Hello Kitty birthday party.