Hanukkah Recipe: Brisket
When you sit down to plan your Hanukkah menu this year, use this delicious Hanukkah recipe for brisket. Follow the basic instructions for the Jewish brisket, and serve it to family and friends during Hanukkah. Keep the traditional Hanukkah recipe, or add your own special and unique twist to the brisket.
Try this Hanukkah recipe idea for brisket and enjoy a great meal! Gather these ingredients to make one of the best Jewish brisket recipes:
- 1 beef brisket (3 pounds)
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1 package dry onion soup mix (1 ounce)
- 1 can or bottle of ginger ale (12 fluid ounces)
- 3 carrots, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 small onion, sliced (optional)
Follow these simple directions to create a delicious brisket meal for family and friends.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Place the brisket in a roasting pan and face the fatty part upwards. Stir together the ketchup, soup mix, and ginger ale in a separate bowl. Pour the mixture over the brisket. Place carrots and pieces of onion around the edges of the brisket. Cover the brisket and vegetables with a piece of aluminum foil.
- Bake the brisket for two hours in the oven. Remove the aluminum foil, and cook it for one more hour. Let the brisket stand for a few minutes. Finally, slice and serve the Jewish brisket at Hanukkah.
Add some extra flavor to the Jewish brisket recipe, and garnish the meat with apricots or cranberries. Notice the contrasting flavors, and enjoy the delicious variation of Hanukkah recipes.
Sign up and we'll send more inspiration straight to you.Sign up now