Frightful Halloween Tablescapes
Enhance the Halloween spook factor at your party with a frightful Halloween tablescape! Impress your guests with charming details that accentuate the Halloween theme and create a fun-filled atmosphere. In addition to tablescape decorations, display your menu items with a scary, creepy, or even gross presentation.
Here are a few Halloween table decorating ideas to help you set the scene for your spooky soiree:
- Set up a table (or tables) large enough to fit all of your menu items. Leave some room to add props and other Halloween table decor.
- Cover the table with a fabric or plastic tablecloth. Consider classic Halloween table decoration colors such as orange and black, or choose a tablecloth with a Halloween themed print. Another option is a see-through white table cloth spread unevenly over the table for a ghost or cobweb effect. We love this setting, with a crisp orange linen napkin and stylish black plate topped with a small pumpkin. Add in a few paper cutout bats for an extra touch!
- Display the party food in festive bowls and on decorative plates. Select patterns such as bats, spiders, pumpkins, ghosts, mummies, and gravestones.
- Place a centerpiece in the middle of the table to create a focal point for the tablescape. A large carved jack-o-lantern, a coffin with a vampire inside, or a witch’s head with a hat are all great options.
- Add unusual items such as eyeballs, skeletons, spiders in spider webs, and worms to your Halloween tables. Purchase the decorative items at your local party store or make them yourself. Create the eyeballs with Styrofoam balls and paint. Form the spiders with black pipe cleaners. Make the spider webs with cotton balls. Then scatter edible gummy worms on any empty table spaces. A festive touch: add a small bright orange pumpkin to each table setting.
- Rename and label your menu items to make them sound spooky or gross and gruesome. Label the punch as “Witch’s Brew,” pretzel sticks as “Fingers,” a salsa dip as “Guts,” and meatballs and sauce as “Eye Balls and Blood.” The possibilities are endless so use your imagination!
Use these ideas to transform your traditional Halloween table setting into a frightful one! Accessorize with lots of Halloween inspired decorations for that perfect final touch.
Sign up and we'll send more inspiration straight to you.Sign up now