Everything You Need for a Halloween Movie Marathon
Everyone knows that one of the best ways to get into the Halloween spirit is to watch your favorite Halloween-themed movies! Obviously, there is nothing to stop you from having a spooky movie marathon any day of the year, but there is just something special about these movies during the Halloween season.
Virtual watch parties have become a new way to have a shared experience with friends from the comfort of your own home. And there is no better way to watch a scary movie than with friends. Here are some helpful tips for how to plan a virtual Halloween movie marathon:
The first step is to choose your movies. Arguably your hardest decision is what to watch. There are hundreds of Halloween movies from which to choose. Consider your guest list (adults vs kids), how much time you have for the party, and what movies you easily have access to. Here is a short list of family-friendly classics as a jumping off point!
- Hocus Pocus: Three witches awaken from a long slumber seeking immortality and it is up to Max, Dani and their new friend Allison to steal their book of spells before the witches can achieve their goal.
- The Nightmare Before Christmas: A stop motion classic about Jack Skellington, the Pumpkin King, who has become bored with Halloween and stumbles upon a new holiday which he seeks to embrace.
- Goosebumps: Jack Black stars as legendary children's horror author R.L. Stine in this spooky tale in which the monsters from the “Goosebumps” books are released into the real world.
- Beetlejuice: Michael Keaton stars as the titular Beetlejuice, a spirit whom the newly dead Barbra and Adam seek out to help scare off the new family residing in their home.
- It’s the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown: This one is a classic that should be on everyone’s watch list come Halloween time.
Once you’ve decided on the movies for the marathon, it’s time to send free online Halloween invitations to invite guests. You can choose between numerous festive and spooky Halloween designs, or even specific Halloween movie invitations. Customize your message and add a Zoom link or a video conferencing service of your choosing so you and your friends can all hang out at a distance and enjoy these spooky flicks together.
Once you’ve decided who you’ll watch with, the next step is to figure out what to snack on. Naturally, popcorn is a movie staple – but during this season, candy might be the way to go. Pick out some Halloween goodies like candy corn or mini candies. If you’re feeling creative, bake and decorate your own Halloween treats. Cupcakes and cookies may not be a staple at the theater but at the home cinema anything goes!
The last thing to finalize is your movie night viewing setup. You’ll need multiple screens – one for watching the movie and one for staying connected to your friends. If you want to create a truly unique experience (and the weather allows), set up a projector in the backyard and create a mock drive-in. Create ambiance with blankets, lawn chairs, and a cozy firepit! Need to keep the movie marathon indoors? Turn off all the lights and bring some pillows down to the floor.
Whether you watch one Halloween movie or several, enjoying them with friends is so much more fun. As a bonus to get into the Halloween spirit, watch a different Halloween movie each night leading up to your marathon. This will create excitement ahead of your big viewing event!
Love this article?
Sign up and we'll send more inspiration straight to you.Sign up now