Do you ever find yourself scrambling to find a token of appreciation when you arrive at someone’s home for a party? Hostess gifts are a thoughtful way to express your gratitude for all of the cooking, decorating, and shopping that goes into hosting a party or holiday meal. Below are eight creative ideas for hostess gifts. Purchase a handful ahead of time and stash them in the trunk of your car for the holiday season. You’ll never be caught unprepared!
- Fresh Spices: Any host or hostess who enjoys cooking will appreciate a small collection of fresh dried spices. Package them in individual glass tubes for easy storage and a chic look.
- Food & Craft Magazines: Inspire your hostess’ next party. Grab a bunch of seasonal food and craft magazines that your hostess will enjoy and tie them together with a pretty ribbon.
- Baking Mix: Package up some homemade cookie, pancake, or waffle mix in a rustic canvas bag. Include a small gift topper like tin cookie cutters or a miniature bottle of pure maple syrup.
- Homemade Goodies: Whip up a batch of homemade peppermint bark, strawberry jam, or chocolate truffles. Package in a mason jar or patterned piece of fabric tied with ribbon.
- Pet Toys: For the pet-loving hosts, fill a small gift bag or Christmas stocking with dog or cat toys. You’ll show your appreciation and love for the whole family!
- Personalized Stationery: Purchase an elegant set of note cards and stamp them with seasonal motifs of the host’s initials.
- Bathroom Accessories: Buy some hand towels with a seasonal design and pair with decorative soap. This is perfect for a sweet-scented thank you.
- Home Goods: Every host or hostess can use gifts like wine charms, stoppers, a slate cheese board, a unique flower vase, or stylish cloth napkins.
Any one of these gifts for a host will show off your perfect party etiquette. Enjoy your gift-giving! And if you're hosting your own Christmas party this year, check out our collection of FREE Christmas party invites!