Easy Thanksgiving Appetizers
Appetizers for Thanksgiving are an important part of any Thanksgiving meal. They are the start to your meal, and after working long and hard to prepare your Thanksgiving feast you’ll want to start off on the right foot. Secondly, people will be hungry in between their arrival and when you sit down for the big meal. This means that it’s important to set out Thanksgiving appetizers to tide them over.
If you’re a guest and not a host this year, it’s a good idea to offer to bring an appetizer to the party. Your host will be grateful for the help! If you’re looking for Thanksgiving appetizer recipes to bring to a dinner party or are in need of simple Thanksgiving appetizers for your guests this year, here are some ideas to inspire your culinary creativity:
- Baked brie with cranberry chutney: Baked brie is a crowd pleaser. You can find it at specialty cheese shops or in the frozen foods section at the grocery store. If you pick up a premade, frozen variety, simply follow the instructions on the box to bake it in the oven. Make sure to get some delicious cranberry chutney to accompany the brie. Either layer it on top of the baked brie or put it in a dish on the side. The cranberry flavor will add a seasonal touch to the cheese. Serve the baked brie with crackers or bread so guests can slather slices with this warm delight.
- Prosciutto-wrapped asparagus: For this dish, simply blanch, steam, or grill some asparagus and wrap them individually with slices of prosciutto. For more flavor, add a little olive oil and sprinkle with some black pepper and salt to taste.
- Crostini: Make an assortment of crostini—small, toasted slices of bread or crackers with delicious toppings. To make these treats, first get some baguette or plain bagel chips. Thinly slice the baguette and toast it until crispy. Then, add the toppings. You can slather on red pepper hummus topped with roasted red pepper, chive cream cheese with a slice of cucumber on top, or goat cheese with dried cranberries and sliced walnuts on top. The key to making crostini is simply to have a sticky base that you can then top with other items so that nothing falls off.
- Shrimp cocktail: For a classic favorite, create a shrimp cocktail. This is a nice way to incorporate seafood into the Thanksgiving meal, and it is extremely easy to prepare. Just buy shrimp and cocktail sauce, cook the shrimp, and arrange it nicely on a platter.
- Butternut squash apple soup: For a fun appetizer, put out small “shots” of soup in glass or plastic ramekins or shot-sized cups. Arrange the cups on a platter and then pour the soup into each one. You can use any kind of soup for this, although butternut squash is a terrific option. A hint of apple adds a bit of seasonal spice to this soup base. Make sure to have small spoons and a recycling bin nearby so that people can throw away their cups when they are done.
- Tomato and mozzarella bites: Slice tomato and mozzarella and place one slice on top of the other. Then, cover the top piece with a dollop of pesto. Serve with a side of crackers or bread and watch your guests gobble up these simple and delicious little bites.
Enjoy these easy Thanksgiving appetizer recipes. Check your grocery store for premade or packaged appetizer options, such as pre-wrapped prosciutto mozzarella rolls, frozen biscuits, and more. Happy Thanksgiving!
Sign up and we'll send more inspiration straight to you.Sign up now