Barnyard 1st Birthday
A barnyard 1st birthday is the perfect theme for your little one’s first birthday party! Children and babies love farm animals. From their favorite piglet stuffed animal to the barnyard playhouse, many infants do not like to part with their farm toys. Here are some great barnyard birthday ideas for your one year old’s birthday party:
- Location: Before you start planning your barnyard party, you need to decide on the location. One great idea for this birthday theme is to host your party at a local farm or petting zoo! Many places offer special birthday packages or rates. This would also be a great source of entertainment for both the adults and children attending the birthday party. However, if you would rather host the birthday at your home or another type of venue, there is still a lot you can do to make it an exciting experience for all of your guests.
- Invitations: Send banyard invitations to your guests to let them know the details of the barnyard party. A great idea for a one year old’s birthday party is to have each of the guests bring a children’s book instead of a birthday card to give to your child. Each guest can then write a special message in the book for your child to read and cherish as they get older. If you decide to do this for your child’s party, make sure you explicitly make this request on the invitations.
- Decorations: There are many great farm themed decorations that you can use for your barnyard birthday party. If you plan to host your party outside, set up bales of hay to transform your backyard into a barnyard. Another great idea is to use checkered colored tablecloths and farm-themed stuffed animals as table centerpieces. You can also purchase other barnyard party decorations in a party pack at many party supply stores or online.
- Menu: Another great idea for your barnyard party is to get as much of your food and drinks as you can from local farms in your area. Serve delicious farm foods like chicken, eggs, bacon, and fresh fruits and veggies. Milk, chocolate milk, and apple juice are all great drink ideas for a kid's party. Another cute barnyard birthday idea is to serve trail mix. Set up a sign next to the bowl that says “Chicken Feed.” If you are serving soup or chili you could also set up a sign next to it that says “Try some slop.”
- Cake: A barnyard cake is an essential item at your farm birthday party. Bake one on your own or buy it from your local grocery store or bakery. Just make sure to create a farm scene on the cake either with icing or with small plastic barnyard animals.
- Activities: If you have any small children attending your baby’s first birthday barnyard party, you can set up some fun games to keep them entertained. Some great activities are duck duck goose, farm coloring books, or bingo. Other fun farm games for kids (or adults) to play are a beanbag toss, potato sack race, or bobbing for apples!
Sign up and we'll send more inspiration straight to you.Sign up now