Lunchbox Recipe Swap
- Plan your event on Punchbowl and choose a kitchen or cooking related theme for the invitation. Include information on the invitation like name of the event, date, time, and location. Don't forget to explain the purpose of the party!
- Encourage guests to bring copies of their children’s favorite back to school recipes. During the party, make piles of each recipe and give each guest a folder. Feel free to decorate and customize the folders! The personalization will add an elegant touch and the folder can also double as a favor. Title the folders with phrases such as “Teacher’s Pet Back to School Recipes” or “Healthy and Delicious.” As each guest enters, hand them a folder and tell them to collect a copy of each recipe. Alternatively, you can ask each guest to send you their healthy school lunch ideas ahead of time. Then, compile copies of these booklets with a festive title page and send them out to guests at the party.
- Ask each guest to bring some samples to taste at the swap! Once everyone arrives, have each person present his or her recipe and give some tips about how to prepare, serve, and store it. Make sure to have pens handy so that guests can take notes.
Throughout the rest of the party, relax and have a good time with the other parents. This party is an inspired way for parents to come together to talk and meet each other. Feel free to invite a diverse group, as the recipe presentation can serve as a great ice breaker!
Amidst all the party planning, don't forget your own recipe! Try this yummy snack that is perfect for the kid's lunchbox:
Cranberry Orange Muffins Recipe
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon orange zest
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1 1/4 cups sour cream
- 3/4 cup cranberries
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Grease a muffin pan and set aside.
Combine the flour, baking powder, and salt in a medium bowl. Set aside.
In a large bowl whisk the egg until combined. Add the sugar and whisk until the mixture is thick. Stir in the orange zest. Slowly whisk in the butter. Add half the sour cream, whisking until combined. Do the same with the rest of the sour cream.
- Add the flour to the sour cream mixture and fold with a spatula. Add the cranberries and keep folding until berries are distributed. Evenly divide the batter into the muffin pan (about 2 1/2 tablespoons per cup) and bake for 20-23 minutes or until golden brown.
Sign up and we'll send more inspiration straight to you.Sign up now