80's Theme Party
Show your appreciation for the past and have some birthday fun at the same time with an 80s party for a teen! Pay tribute to the 80s with a righteous 80s theme party! Plan 80s party theme ideas such as invitations, costumes, decorations, food, games, favors, and ambiance.
Try out these 80s party ideas:
- Invitations: Create your event on Punchbowl and impress your guests with 80s party invitations. Include information such as the name of the event, the theme, name of the guest of honor, date, time, and location. Email the invitations 4-6 weeks before the 80s birthday party.
- Costumes: Dress the part for the 80s costume party and deck yourself in clothes and accessories from second hand or vintage shops. Look for an 80s party costume with neon leggings, acid wash jeans, an off the shoulder shirt, big earrings, colorful bangles, and scrunchies for your hair. If you can crimp your hair and tie it into a side ponytail, you get extra points!
- Decorations: Fill your home or a local venue with fun party decorations in bright neon colors. Scatter props such as boom boxes, cassettes, and VHS tapes. Purchase a piñata in the shape of a boom box and fill it with candy for the kids!
- Food: As for 80s party food, provide snacks and delicious cupcakes for parties. Choose to serve cupcakes for an easy grab and go concept. You’ll eliminate the need for messy utensils and you can create a nice display with them. Use neon colored frosting (if you can't find it, you can always use food coloring to achieve the right level of neon).
- Entertainment: Entertain your guests with fun 80s party music. Choose 80s party songs by artists such as Michael Jackson, New Kids on the Block, Madonna, U2, and The Police. Incorporate the music into 80s party games. Play musical chairs, or rent a karaoke machine for the day and encourage the kids to sing 80s songs.
- Favors: Pass out 80s party favors during the party. Hand out sunglasses, sequined suspenders, beaded necklaces, and blow up guitars and keyboards. Have the kids use the favors while dancing, and take photos of the priceless moments.
Combine neon colors, funky costumes, fantastic entertainment, and fun favors, and get ready for a superb 80s theme party!
Sign up and we'll send more inspiration straight to you.Sign up now