Rather than throwing a run-of-the-mill holiday party, make it a themed Christmas party and it's bound to be the most memorable of the season! A Christmas theme party gives guests a chance to put on their party shoes during a time of year when things can be more stressful than fun. Whether it's a family get-together or a corporate party, themed Christmas parties are a great way to get everyone into the holiday spirit and make fun memories together.
Five Christmas theme party ideas:
- Choose a favorite holiday movie and revolve the theme around the characters, setting, and plot. A few movies to pick from are A Christmas Story, Bad Santa, Elf, A Christmas Carol, It's a Wonderful Life and Miracle on 34th Street.
- Have every couple dress up as Santa and Mrs. Claus and bring the kids as little elves.
- Celebrate one of the biggest winter holidays in the Caribbean! A unique idea for Christmas themed parties is a luau complete with leis, palm trees, tropical foods and BBQ, and island-inspired decorations.
- Make the Christmas party a black tie affair and give everyone an excuse to dress up. Serve tasty appetizers, stock the bar, hire local party staff, and let friends and family feel like celebrities.
- Christmas theme ideas for holiday parties don't have to be traditional. Pick a favorite bar or restaurant and simply throw an informal cocktail party. Ask each guest to bring a toy or present to donate to an important cause and use this opportunity to catch up before all the holiday craziness.
Use the digital invitation studio on Punchbowl to send the entire guest list a free invitation for Christmas, and take advantage of the cocktail poll and potluck features will help everyone have a say in the planning. Before deciding on Christmas themes, ideas, or even where to throw the party, ask friends and family for their Christmas party theme ideas and make it a collaborative event where everyone can put their feet up, relax, and enjoy being together.