National Day of the Cowboy
National Day of the Cowboy was started as a way to contribute to the preservation of America's rich cowboy heritage.
In honor of National Day of the Cowboy, try to live up to these 10 codes of conduct:
• Take pride in your work. Always do your best.
• Stay curious. Study hard and learn all you can.
• Do what has to be done and finish what you start.
• Be tough, but fair.
• When you make a promise, keep it.
• Be clean in thought, word, deed, and dress.
• Practice tolerance and understanding of others.
• Be willing to stand up for what is right.
• Be an excellent steward of the land and its animals.
To celebrate you can dress like a cowboy, host a hoedown, attend a rodeo, go horseback riding, or curl up on the couch to watch your favorite Westerns. Live in the West? Check to see if your community is having a special National Day of the Cowboy celebration!
- July 24, 2021 is also National Cousins Day