Love A Tree Day
Today is Love A Tree Day! Each year on May 16th, we celebrate this environmental holiday. It’s the perfect day to celebrate all the wonderful things that trees contribute to the planet. Fun fact: there are some tree species that live to be several thousand years old!
Here are a few other fun trivia facts about trees:
• A mature tree can remove nearly 70 times more airborne pollution than a newly planted one
• A single tree produces about 260 pounds of oxygen each year. Two fully mature trees can provide enough oxygen each year to support a family of 4!
• Over 20% of the Earth’s oxygen is produced in the Amazon Rainforest
Show your love for trees today! Take a walk in the woods, plant a tree, or give your kids a fun arts and crafts project to draw the most beautiful tree they can imagine. It's important to take care of our planet's trees and appreciate their significance to our well-being.
- May 16, 2019 is also Biographer's Day | National Mimosa Day | Hummus Day | National Barbecue Day
- May is Motorcycle Awareness Month | National Bike Month
- This week is American Craft Beer Week