Punchbowl is looking for an Android Developer to join our growing team. The ideal candidate has 2-3 years of Android development experience and believes that user interface details really matter. You care about creating structured and maintainable code, and you consider development your craft.
This is an exciting time to join Punchbowl: We have a highly-rated app, record-breaking growth among our key metrics, and an award-winning platform that’s been featured in TechCrunch, CNNMoney, Entrepreneur, WSJ, and more. In 2021, we announced a significant acquisition and the launch of Memento.com.
- Advanced knowledge of Kotlin & Java
- Demonstrated development experience with active apps on the Google Play Store
- Clean code examples with an eye for design
- Strong knowledge of design principles, user interfaces, and mobile standards
- Working knowledge of Android SDK and Android UI components
- Excellent understanding of RESTful web services
- Experience with MVVM or MVP design patterns
- Eagerness to learn Android tools as technology changes
- Ability to work in a collaborative environment, participating in pull requests and code review
Bonus points if you have:
- Experience with Jetpack Compose, or have built user interfaces programmatically
- Working knowledge of functional and reactive programming styles (Coroutines or RxJava)
- Strong understanding of CI/CD tools (Github Actions, Fastlane, Firebase, Gradle)
Do you want to work in a growing company that invests in its employees more than the average company? Punchbowl is the company behind the critically-acclaimed technology platform for celebrations, holidays, and meaningful life memories. The Company runs its platform on Punchbowl.com, Memento.com, and best-in-class iOS and Android apps. We provide a fun, casual, and innovative environment where hard work is recognized and rewarded.
Some Punchbowl Perks:
- 100% healthcare coverage
- Flexibility to work from wherever you will be most effective
- A collaborative, start-up environment where you’ll learn a lot, get your hands dirty, and see your work directly impact our customers
- Fantastic, smart coworkers who are passionate about what they do
- Virtual team coffee chats, Friday team trivia challenges, and anything else we can think of to have fun as a team from a distance
TO APPLY: Please send a one-page resume and brief introduction to firstname.lastname@example.org
PLEASE NOTE: Our team is primarily based in Framingham, MA and London, ON. We will consider applicants who reside anywhere in the United States or Canada who are willing to work “East Coast Hours” (roughly 9am-5:30pm EST).