Sports Team Party Planning
Get ready for seasonal sports with a sports party theme. Gear up for youth soccer, track practice, baseball or football season, and make it an easy transition for the kids to start on a new team. Help the kids make new friends on the teams with a sports party, and invite the whole team. Most team parties happen at the end of the season, rather than the beginning. A party at the start of the season gives the kids the opportunity to mingle in a social setting off the field. Get your sports party supplies together, such as invitations, decorations, and favors. Check out the ideas below for inspiration!
Here are some fun sports party ideas to create a unified team:
- Plan your event on Punchbowl and choose sports party invitations for the event. Include information on the invitation such as the name of the event, date, time, and location.
- Create team practice shirts with plain white tees and paint. Have the kids paint the bottoms of their feet and walk on the shirts. You can write something like “Stepping Together” or “Kicking Together” or “In Step with Each Other.” Have the kids take the shirts home as sports party favors.
- Have the kids paint signs and flags that encourage team spirit. Use the signs and flags during games for the parent cheering section.
- Plan sports party games in your own yard, driveway, or at a local field.
- Decorate the tables with sports party centerpieces. Purchase a large Styrofoam ball and decorate it to resemble a soccer ball or basketball. For the table itself, lay down a green tablecloth to resemble a grassy field, or a tan tablecloth to represent an indoor court.
- Bring a sign-up sheet so the parents can rotate bringing a special snack after each game. Reinforce the message that it’s not about winning or losing, but having fun and playing the game.
- Build a festive atmosphere with sports party decorations and snacks that revolve around the team sport. Make a soccer cake, or make cupcakes that look like footballs or volleyballs. Get creative and impress the kids!
Set the tone for a fun sports season with a team party. The coach will be thrilled to have engaged parents who are excited about making the team a success!