Raclette Dinner Party
If you’re looking for a unique dinner party theme for your next get together, try hosting a raclette party! Never heard of it before? You’ll find all the raclette tips you need right here. This dish is indigenous to parts of Switzerland and France and is made by pairing different varieties of meats and potatoes with melted cheese. Often served with dry white wine, tea, or other warm beverages, it is a hearty and satisfying meal to prepare especially when the weather is chilly outside. For raclette party ideas, keep reading to learn more!
Raclette Dinner Party Prep: To start, you will need to find a raclette grill that will melt the cheese. These often come with individual pans, making this meal a fun and interactive occasion for all of your guests. Look for raclette cheese at the grocery store or use suitable alternatives such as Swiss Gold, Gruyere, or Mozzarella. Next, pick which accompanying ingredients you would like to serve with your cheese. Pre-slicing ingredients will allow the dinner party to flow smoothly. Choose a raclette party theme menu from the raclette dishes suggestions below for a meal that will suit your tastes:
- Classic: ham, small onions, gherkins, boiled or baked potatoes
- Vegetarian: potatoes, asparagus, capsicum, and mushrooms
- Pizza: chewy Italian bread, ham, pineapple, cherry tomatoes, pepperoni, mushrooms, onions, and fresh oregano
- Gourmet: crusty French bread, prawns, smoked salmon, dill, and avocado
Raclette Recipes: One of the wonderful things about raclette dishes is that you will be amazed how simple foods pair deliciously with others. Feel free to create your own combinations! Here are some simple recipes that will delight your tastebuds.
- Prawns in Cream Sauce: Serves 4. Clean and peel 12 cooked prawns. Mix together 9 ounces Mascarpone and 2 tbsp chopped parsley. At the grill, place one prawn in your pan with a spoonful of the Mascarpone mixture and a small piece of raclette cheese. Once melted, serve over bread with a little ground pepper.
- Tomatoes and Mozarella: Serves 6. Cut cherry tomatoes in half, slice mozzarella cheese, and sprinkle with chopped basil. Remove the rind and fat from 3 strips of bacon and set aside along with a cup of croutons. At the grill, place all ingredients in a pan and cook until cheese has melted and bacon becomes crispy.
Enjoy your unique raclette party menu and learning how to master this simple and delicious method of cooking. To send your dinner party invitation, check out the selection of free online invitations on Punchbowl! Create an event for start to finish party planning.
Sign up and we'll send more inspiration straight to you.Sign up now