New Year's Eve Finger Foods
Whether you're having a big New Year's Eve party or just hanging out with one or two people, it's always a good idea to have an assortment of New Year's Eve finger foods and a New Year's snack or two for guests to nibble on. Build a New Year's snacks menu around a particular theme, or just pick a few favorites. Try some of these classic finger foods for New Year's that will be popular with all your guests!
Here are some New Year's recipes for you to try at your festivities:
- 2 dozen fresh mushrooms, no stems
- 1 cup chopped spinach, frozen
- 1/2 cup yellow onion, finely chopped
- 1 package cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup Parmesan, grated
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Clean mushrooms and dry.
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl, except mushrooms and Parmesan.
- Fill each mushroom with mixture and bake at 350 degrees on a large cookie sheet for 10 minutes.
- Sprinkle each mushroom with Parmesan and bake again for 5 additional minutes.
Shrimp and Cheese Crostini
- 8 ounces herbed cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp. garlic paste
- 1/2 tbsp. onion powder
- 2 tbsp. melted butter
- 2 dozen fresh shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 dozen crostinis
- fresh parsley
- Combine all ingredients except butter, shrimp, and crostinis in a bowl.
- Saute shrimp and a dash of garlic paste in butter over medium heat until pink.
- Top each crostini with a dollop of cream cheese and a shrimp. Garnish with parsley.
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cups white flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Combine cheeses and butter in a mixing bowl.
- Gradually add in flour and salt.
- Form the mixture into 7 balls of dough. Roll the balls into long strings and cut into 4 straws each.
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 10 minutes, until browned on top.
- Serve with warm marinara sauce.
Spicy Jalapeno Poppers
- 10 long green jalapenos, cut in half and de-seeded
- 2 1/2 cups shredded Mexican cheese blend
- 4 spicy pork sausages
- 1 cup panko bread crumbs mixed with Mexican seasoning
- Lay each pepper on a baking sheet and fill with cheese.
- Cut sausages into tiny pieces and fry over medium heat for 10 minutes.
- Scoop several pieces of sausage into each pepper.
- Sprinkle with bread crumbs and cook at 350 degrees for 20 minutes.
- 1 1/2 cups cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 teaspoon each of basil and oregano
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup pizza or marinara sauce
- Combine cream cheese and herbs, and spread in the bottom of a glass bowl.
- Sprinkle the other cheeses over the top and then spread marinara sauce over the entire dish.
- Microwave for 4 minutes, until bubbling.
- Serve with French bread, slices of pepperoni, or other cured meats and olives.
Serve these New Year's Eve appetizer ideas at your party along with an assortment of cheese and crackers, chips and dip, and leftover holiday cookies. New Year's finger food will give guests something to fill their bellies as they load up on wine and spirits and prepare for the coming year with friends and family. Bon appetit!