Monkey Themed Baby Shower
If you are looking for a cute theme for a baby shower, go bananas and make it a monkey themed baby shower! A monkey baby shower works for either a baby boy or girl and there are so many possibilities when it comes to monkey decorations, favors, cakes, etc.
Here are some great tips and ideas for how to plan a monkey themed baby shower:
- Color Scheme: Yellow, brown, and white are all perfect colors for monkey baby showers. If you are having a boy, you can also use the color blue or if you are having a girl you can add pink to the color scheme of your party. Or if the sex of your baby is going to be a surprise, the color green also fits well into this theme!
- Decorations: For the perfect monkey baby shower decorations, hang balloons and streamers around the main room where the party will be held. You can hang monkey cut-outs from green crepe paper on the ceiling to make it look like they're swinging in the jungle!
- Centerpiece: Make a monkey themed diaper cake to use as the table centerpiece. First, create monkey faces out of construction paper and Popsicle sticks and stick them into a rolled up diapers. Surround each diaper with a piece of green construction paper and decorate it with ribbon or other items. These make great monkey shower centerpieces!
- Food: As an alternative to a traditional monkey baby shower cake, consider monkey-themed cupcakes. These cupcakes (shown below) are the perfect dessert to serve during the shower. For added effect, spray paint a cupcake stand green, then place the cupcakes on it. Monkey bread is also a delicious food to serve during the course of the baby shower.
- Sign-in Book: Instead of a traditional sign in book, purchase a book such as "The Complete Adventures of Curious George," and have guests write a message to the new baby in the book. As the chlid grows up, he or she will have a nice keepsake.
Don't forget to monkey around during the shower. Games are always fun and they keep guests entertained while the mommy-to-be opens her presents. Even just a couple of simple prizes for the person who traveled the furthest, or the person who's birthday is closest to the due date will suffice.
Start planning a monkey-themed shower today!