Party Planning: Baby Shower Gift Ideas
Think outside the box and find creative and unique baby shower gifts! Most people use a baby shower registry, so choose a small item from the list and then supplement it with your own idea for a personal gift. Add some spice and a special twist to gifts for a baby shower. Make something using your own creativity, or give a gift to the mom-to-be as opposed to the baby.
Peruse through these baby shower gift ideas for baby and mom:
- Ease the nerves of a mom-to-be who is pregnant with her first child. One of the best baby shower gifts for a mom-to-be is a journal filled with advice. Dedicate each page to writing a helpful tip. Include tips such as, “While childbirth is painful and scary for a first time mom, the reward you get will fill your life with endless joy and wonder.” Include real-life examples to help reassure a first time mother, whose head is filled with questions.
- Visit or contact a local photographer and purchase a photo session for the mom-to-be, to capture her while pregnant. Include the dad-to-be in the photo shoot too! Choose a photographer with lots of creativity. Suggest a pose with a hand of the mom-to-be and a hand of the dad-to-be on the mom’s baby belly.
- Purchase a pregnant belly casting kit online or from your local store. Offer to help the mom-to-be with the casting and even offer to throw a “casting party.”
- Make a diaper cake filled with diapers and accent it with rattles, bottle brushes, socks, outfits, and toys.
- Buy great baby shower gifts such as a pregnancy massage to ease stress, or a fun spa day for the mom-to-be.
- Create a set of coupons as creative baby shower gifts for the mom-to-be. Make it a little bit easier for when the little guy or gal arrives in the world. In other words, offer to provide assistance for everything from shopping trips to errands and babysitting. Include coupons for a trip to the grocery store, offer to babysit on a weekday or weekend, clean the house, or buy diapers and wipes.
Consider the great ideas above, or select an item for the mom-to-be or baby and have it personalized for both. Make the baby shower gift one to remember, and show that you have the mom-to-be and baby at heart!