Fun & Unique Holiday Party Idea: Hot Cocoa Bar
Hosting a hot cocoa party is a fun and creative way to celebrate during the holidays. The holidays are often very busy with parties, family gatherings, and school activities and sometimes the typical cookie decorating won't cut it. Hosting a hot cocoa bar not only sounds delicious, but it also makes for a fun and festive focal point for your guests. The hot chocolate bar idea is unique—the goal is to impress guests and leave them chatting about your creativity long after the event is over!
A hot cocoa party is a great way for guests to cozy up to a warm mug of tasty hot cocoa customized with bite-sized add-ins. Here's how to host a hot chocolate holiday party that no one will forget!
- Set up a display of festive, holiday-themed mugs.
- Prepare a carafe or two of hot chocolate that you make yourself from scratch or by using a premade kit.
- Finely chop add-ins (see suggestions below) and display them in decorative cups and trays.
- For the over twenty-one crowd, have a few mixers like peppermint or butterscotch Schnapps, Kahlua, or rum to give the drink a little punch.
Add-ins for hot chocolate party:
- Mini marshmallows (white or red/white/green)
- Peppermint sticks
- Flavored syrups
- Flavored whipped cream
- Candied ginger
- Cinnamon sticks
- Chopped-up candy bars
- Chocolate truffles
- Caramel squares
If you want to add a little more fun to the hot cocoa Christmas party, ask guests to invent a fun name for their concoction then go around the room and have everyone share the name of their drink. Vote on the most creative and award a hot chocolate-themed prize to the winner!
Sign up and we'll send more inspiration straight to you.Sign up now