Cocktail Party, Roaring 20s Style
Host a decadent cocktail party, and come up with a stylish and sophisticated cocktail party theme! Seek inspiration from the Golden Age—the Roaring 20s! Plan the invitations, decorations, costumes, food, and favors. Make sure the ambiance is perfect, in order to set the scene!
Check out these fantastic cocktail party ideas:
- Invitations: Prepare in advance of sending out your free online invitations for the 1920s theme party, and decide whether or not to require guests to wear 1920s party costumes. Include details of the costume suggestions on the invitation. Also be sure to mention the name of the event, name of the host or hostess, date, time, and location.
- Decorations: For 1920s theme decorations, string up white fairy lights and dim all the other lights to create an illumination effect. Create a black and white color scheme with accents of red and silver. Make a great table centerpiece with beautiful red roses or a candelabra.
- Costumes: Ask your guests to dress in costumes from the roaring 20s. Suggest the women dress as flappers with boas, long necklaces, flapper dresses, and fans as accessories. Have the men dress as gangsters with suits, black shirts, black or white ties, white shoes, and fedora hats.
- Food and Drink: Serve classic cocktail drinks like martinis as well as wine, champagne, and mint juleps during your roaring twenties party. Light appetizers are also a must, like finger sandwiches and oysters on the half shell.
- Favors: Hand out favors as one of your 1920s party ideas, such as fake gangster guns for the guys and feathered tiaras for the ladies. Pass out the favors during the cocktail party to ensure the guests enjoy them during the gathering.
Add to the ambiance of the 1920s party theme, and play light cabaret and jazz music in the background as your guests mix and mingle. Also, add an incentive for the costume cocktail party, and have a contest for the best 20s attire. Award prizes such as a copy of The Great Gatsby, a martini mix, or a bottle of champagne at the 1920 theme party.
Sign up and we'll send more inspiration straight to you.Sign up now