By the Sea: Ocean Themed Bridal Shower
Plan a beach bridal shower with sun, sand, and crystal clear water in mind, and discover a plethora of other creative options to showcase for the theme. Consider a beach theme bridal shower for brides-to-be who love the beach and everything related to the ocean! Take advantage of these great ideas for beach theme bridal shower invitations, decorations, favors, and more.
Here are some beach theme bridal shower ideas for an ocean-inspired event:
- Invitations: Select bridal shower invitations with beach features, such as the sun and sand. Create your event on Punchbowl to access a variety of options. Be sure to include the name of the event, the name of the guest of honor, date, time, and location.
- Table settings: Enhance the bridal shower beach theme with beautiful, elegant, nautical blue tablecloths and napkins. Tie the napkins with a thin white rope to complete the nautical affect.
- Centerpiece: Create centerpieces for beach themed bridal showers in just a few easy steps. Take a few clear glass hurricane vases and fill them each with one large white pillar candle on top of sand and surrounded by light-colored seashells. For venues with candle restrictions, use LED lit candles instead.
- Decorations: Add beach bridal shower decorations such as flowers and sea grass, to the bride’s chair. Take a trip to a beach or search online for black rocks, typically found at the beach. Use silver metallic pen to write one guest’s name on each rock, to take the place of seating cards. Include other decorations such as nets decorated with starfish, seahorses, and sand dollars.
- Menu: Create the menu with usual fare, such as mini quiches and scallops wrapped in bacon, or go all out and have a traditional clam bake. Serve lobsters, clam chowder, and corn on the cob for the beach bridal shower theme.
- Cake: Create a beautiful tiered bridal shower cake that fits your beach theme. Use aqua colored frosting—the color of the sea—topped with seashells made of white chocolate. Sprinkle crushed graham crackers on the bottom tier, to represent sand. The beach themed cake will surely impress the bride-to-be as well as her guests!
- Favors: Make or purchase beach bridal shower favors to hand out to guests. Use soap molds to make starfish shaped soaps, put them in cellophane bags, and tie ribbon around the top for a favor idea. Also consider silver dollar shaped cookies in cellophane bags.
Complement the carefully planned details of the ocean themed bridal shower with sounds from CDs and scents of the sea from candles, to enhance the ocean experience. Depending on the time of year, location, and climate, consider having the bridal shower at the beach!
Sign up and we'll send more inspiration straight to you.Sign up now