Bridal Shower Cocktails
With a little planning, bridal shower cocktails can be the pièce de résistance at your pre-wedding event. Quench the thirst of your guests and add a special, personal touch to the festivities. Here are some great ideas for delicious drinks based on the theme, “Something Old, Something New, Something Borrowed, and Something Blue.” Create signature bridal shower drinks and impress the bridal party with your thoughtful details!
Here are a few wedding shower cocktails based on a classic theme:
- Something Old: Make Planter’s Punch (a drink that dates back to the turn of the 20th century) for the “Something Old” drink. Create the Planter’s Punch recipe for the bridal shower these ingredients:
- 2 oz. dark rum
- 2 oz. orange juice
- 2 oz. pineapple juice
- 1/2 oz. lime juice
- dash of grenadine
Shake all of the ingredients in a mixer. Pour the mixture into a hurricane glass with ice. Add an orange wheel and cherry as a garnish.
- Something New: Create a signature drink for the special couple as the “Something New” drink. Name the drink, “The Mr. and Mrs. Coletti.” Base the recipe for the drink on the favorite tastes and flavors of the bride-to-be. Something unique like this Lavender Martini is a fun addition to the day! Here's how:
- 1 1/2 oz. vanilla vodka
- 1/2 oz. fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 oz. lavender syrup
- 1 fresh lavender sprig
Fill a cocktail shaker with ice. Add the vodka, lemon juice and lavender syrup; shake well. Strain into a chilled martini glass and garnish with a lavender sprig.
- Something Borrowed: Serve Borrowed Time to represent “Something Borrowed.” Combine 1/5 of an ounce of amaretto, ½ an ounce of vanilla liqueur, ½ an ounce of coconut rum, ½ an ounce of whiskey and 1/5 an ounce of cranberry juice. Shake all of the ingredients with ice in a shaker and strain the drink into a shot glass.
- Something Blue: Serve a blue colored drink for the “Something Blue” cocktail. Pour 2 ounces of Hpnotiq, 2 ounces of white wine, and 1 ounce of ginger ale in a champagne glass. Add maraschino cherries for a garnish.
Arrange four different cocktail stations that represent each category in the theme, “Something Old, Something New, Something Borrowed and Something Blue.” Avoid confusion and post signs made out of card stock at each station explaining the bridal shower drink recipes. Cheers!
Sign up and we'll send more inspiration straight to you.Sign up now