Bridal Library Shower
If your bride-to-be is a voracious reader and lover of all things literary, throw her a library bridal shower! A book shower is the perfect way to celebrate her upcoming wedding while tapping into one of her favorite interests. It is also a unique bridal shower theme that will create a one-of-a-kind occasion. Follow the tips below to plan a great bridal library shower!
- Invitations: Invite guests to the book bridal shower with digital invitations through Punchbowl. Don’t forget to include the name of the guest of honor, the hostess(es), date, time, place, RSVP and other important details.
- Bridal Shower Theme Decorations: If possible, host the party in your personal home reading room or see if you can rent out a library space for the event. There are other “chick lit” decoration ideas to spruce up the venue. Place classic volumes of the guests’ favorite books around the room or simply print out images of iconic book covers such as The Catcher in the Rye, The Great Gatsby, or even Harry Potter and Twilight.
- Menu: Choose food drawn from the settings of some well-known stories and label them with clever names to create a themed menu. For example, you can prepare Oliver Twist’s Tomato Soup, Mary Quite Contrary’s Garden Salad, Moby Dick’s Crab Cakes, Dr. Seuss’ Green Eggs and Ham, Alice in Wonderland’s teacakes, or James and the Giant Peach’s Cobbler. Be creative! There are endless possibilities!
- Gifts: Ask guests to bring a beautifully bound book, engraved bookplates, or a gift certificate to a bookstore for the bride-to-be. Another bridal shower idea is to pass a list around during the party so that everyone can write down the title of a recommended read. For a fun gift activity to complete during the party, start by inscribing cards with each of the twelve months that will follow the wedding. Ask each guest to pick one and write both their name and an idea for an outing with the bride. Arrange them in order by month into a booklet and present it to the bride. She will have a year’s worth of dates with the women who are important in her life as well as a unique way to remember everyone who attended her shower!
- Favors: To thank them for attending, give guests blank bookplates for their own libraries. You can also use rubber stamps to personalize pads of paper for each person with their initials and tie it up with a ribbon and pencil. They might feel inspired to write their own novel after the party!