Alice in Wonderland Party Ideas
Make your child's next birthday memorable by throwing an Alice in Wonderland theme party. This movie-inspired theme is perfect for a girl’s birthday because it's creative, fun and whimsical. Incorporate aspects of the movie into the food, favors, cake and decorations. Here are five easy steps and Alice in Wonderland party ideas to help you plan the perfect Alice in Wonderland birthday party bash.
Alice in Wonderland party ideas for kids include:
- Invitations: Send out Alice in Wonderland inspired digital invitations to get everyone excited about the event. Pick a design that compliments the quirkiness and spontaneity of the film by including phrases such as, “open me” and “don’t be late for a very important date” along with images of teacups, teapots, top hats, hearts and playing cards. Also infuse the design with the Alice in Wonderland colors: light blue, red, white and yellow. Once your design is complete, send out the invites 3-4 week in advance of the birthday party.
- Decorations: For Alice in Wonderland party decorations, draw inspiration from the film and some of the major (and most memorable) scenes. Use the Mad Hatter tea party as a guide to decorate your party table and party space. To start, cover a long table with a bright table cloth in bright pink, orange or blue. Use a variety of mismatched bright colored plastic chairs for fun seating. For each place setting, use real china teacups, bright plastic plates, cutlery and napkins. Create “drink me” tags out of cardstock to put on drink pitchers and teapots. For table centerpieces, line the center of the table with flower arrangements displayed in large teapots. Scatter playing cards and stuffed white rabbits on the table to complete the table landscape. Other items to include around the party space are signs that read, “The Queen of Hearts Courtyard,” “Wonderland,” and “The Mad Hatter House.” Place bright colored streamers, balloons, and colorful paper lanterns around the party table and at the entrance of the party.
- Party Food: For the Alice in Wonderland party food, serve classic tea party snacks like finger sandwiches, pastries and fruit tarts. Bake sugar cookies in the shape of hearts and crowns to represent the Queen of Hearts and decorate with frosting. These fun party foods will make the girls feel like they have stepped into the real Wonderland.
- Birthday Cake: Serve an Alice in Wonderland cake to make the party even more special. Use any aspect of the movie to create a fun Alice in Wonderland inspired cake making for endless possibilities. A great idea for the cake is a Cheshire Cat design. Use bright purple and pink frosting to re-create the cat’s stripes. Complete the look using candy for the eyes and mouth and black licorice for the whiskers.
- Party Favors: To complete your whimsical Alice in Wonderland inspired party, give out Alice in Wonderland party favors. To do this, create favor boxes that look like top hats. Fill the top hat boxes with “EAT ME” sugar cookies, playing cards, tea bags and bubbles. This serves as the perfect ending to the mismatched and crazy tea party celebration.
Alice in Wonderland parties are fun, creative and provide tons of options for decoration. Use your imagination and artistic flair to invent Alice in Wonderland birthday party ideas that will tickle every guest pink!