4th of July Party Planning
Throwing a patriotic party for family and friends is a fantastic all-American way to celebrate the 4th of July. Here are some tips to help make your 4th of July party planning easy and stress-free.
- Pick a Location: The first step in your Fourth of July party planning is to pick a location. This may seem obvious, but you want to take into account where you can best view fireworks, watch a parade and do other activities. Decide if you want the party to be outdoors, indoors or a mix of both. Some popular locations include backyards, country clubs, beaches, restaurants and public parks.
- Choose a Theme: Make your party extra patriotic by choosing a festive theme that incorporates the all-American spirit of the holiday. Having a party theme will make the rest of your party planning easier and will inspire the invitations, decorations and activities. Some traditional 4th of July party themes include a clam bake, a backyard BBQ, Uncle Sam, stars and stripes, beach potluck, a red, white, and blue costume party or a patriotic luau.
- Invitations: The next step in your July 4th party planning is to design and send out patriotic digital invitations. Incorporate the party theme and the colors red, white, and blue to make your invites look festive. Also include catchy wording to grab your guest’s attention. Send it out 3-4 weeks in advance so that everyone has enough time to RSVP.
- Decorations: To make your party extra patriotic add forth of July decorations. Theme-inspired décor will make it festive and fun. Some quick and easy decoration ideas include hanging red, white, and blue balloons, ribbon, and streamers throughout the party. Tie balloons to chairs and place them near the entranceway to help guests identify the location of the party. Use big and small American flags for table covers and to hang on walls. Paper lanterns, tiki lights and candles are a great way to add ambiance to a party. To complete the party décor, purchase paper plates, napkins, cups and cutlery in blue and red.
- Patriotic Party Food: To complete your party planning, decide on which patriotic party foods to serve during the festivities. Try to pick classic all-American dishes that can be served throughout the day since most Forth of July celebrations last well into the night. Some ideas on what to serve include: hamburgers, hotdogs, corn-on-the-cob, coleslaw, boiled lobster, BBQ chicken, and pasta or potato salad.
Throw a festive Fourth of July party for all your friends and family and enjoy spending time together!