30th Birthday Invitation
A thirtieth birthday is the next big milestone after the long-awaited twenty-first birthday. Whether you are planning a weekend away, a quiet get-together, or a huge birthday bash, 30th birthday invitations are a necessary part of the celebration to let the guests know the important details of the celebration.
Here are some ideas and tips for how to get the 30th birthday invitation wording and design just right for whatever type of party you are planning!
First, choose appropriate wording for the 30th birthday invitations based on the type of party that you are hosting. A quote, rhyme, or verse is a great idea to add to a birthday invite if you are looking for a way to add a personal touch.
- Quotes: Some good quotes are “For all the advances in medicine, there is still no cure for the common birthday!” by Maurice Chevalier, or "Age is an issue of mind over matter. If you don't mind, it doesn't matter." by Mark Twain.
- Rhymes: Rhyming invitations are also a fun message to include on an invitation and can be altered based on the type of party you are hosting. For a pool party, write something like: “Join us for a day of fun in the sun to celebrate [Name]’s 30th birthday” or “The sun is hot and the drinks are cold, it’s [Name]’s 30th birthday. Boy, is she getting old!” For a more generic rhyming invitation, you could write: “His twenties were good but thirty is great. So let’s get together to celebrate!” Be creative and have fun when writing these invitations.
- Verse: Another idea for the 30th birthday invite is to put a unique verse on the invitations that would be meaningful for the guest of honor. Write a poem, inside joke, or phrase that will grab your guests’ attention and make the birthday girl or guy smile.
Some other important things to think about when sending a 30th birthday invitation is the timing of the invitation and what other information you should let your guests know about before the event.
- Timing: For a more casual birthday party, typically 2-3 weeks prior to the event is a good time to send out the invitations. If the 30th birthday party is a larger event with more people, you will need more time to plan the menu and handle your RSVPs. So in this case, usually a month prior to the event is a good time frame to send out the invite.
- Event Details: Be sure to include information on the 30th birthday invites such as who is hosting the event, where and when the party is, contact information for RSVPs, what to bring, directions, and any other information that is relevant for your event.