18th Birthday Invitations
There is a great deal of thought and consideration that goes into choosing 18th birthday invitations. From the design to the wording, there are many details that you must figure out before sending the invites. Here are a few tips to help you choose and send the perfect 18th birthday party invitations:
- Guest List: Before you can event think about sending your invitations, you need to finalize the guest list. Think about where the party will be held and how many people you can realistically invite. This will help you determine how many invitations you need to send and will help you set a budget for your party.
- Coordinate with Your Theme: If you are having a themed party, try to find ways to incorporate the theme into the 18th birthday invitation design. You can use specific colors, write detailed words or phrases, or use images to match the theme of your party to the invites. Punchbowl, for example, offers free online invitations for the following themes: movie/hollywood, sports, music, travel, and much more!
- Invitation Wording: If you don’t have a theme in mind for the party, you can also design more sentimental invitations. The 18th birthday invitations can include a poem, quote, or a song. Here are several wording ideas for 18th birthday party invitations:
- “Common sense is the collection of prejudices acquired by age eighteen” – Albert Einstein
- “You know you are getting old when the candles cost more than the cake” – Bob Hope
- “You are only young once, but you can be immature for a lifetime.” – John P. Grier
- “Live as if you were to die tomorrow, learn as if you were to live forever” – Mahatma Gandhi
- “I’m gonna stay eighteen forever, so we can stay like this forever” – Brand New, “Soco Amaretto Lime”
- “No longer do you have to wait. Today’s the day to celebrate. An adult now, no longer child. So party hard and party wild. You’ve waited so long for this day. Time now to do life your way!” – Pauline Oliver
You can also use the guest of honor's name or age in an interesting manner to make the invitation more memorable. Try to come up with a rhyming phrase like “He has 18 birthday candles on his cake, let’s get together and say Happy Birthday to Blake!” You could also personalize the invitations with a picture or photo collage. However you choose to design your 18th birthday invitations, it should display the vigor and charm of the birthday boy or girl!
Sign up and we'll send more inspiration straight to you.Sign up now