10 Ideas for First Anniversaries
Not sure how to celebrate a first wedding anniversary? Every couple is different and wants to celebrate their own way. The most important thing is to make sure plans align with what they enjoy the most. 1st anniversary ideas include taking a vacation, planning a party or just having a romantic night out.
Here are 10 first wedding anniversary ideas to help you plan the perfect celebration:
- Plan a Party: For a social couple that loves to entertain, honor the milestone event by throwing a 1st anniversary party. Invite friends and family to the couple's home for a night of dinner and drinks. This is a great way to relive the marriage night. Make it personal by including touches from the wedding like a mini version of the wedding cake or the same flower arrangements.
- Romantic Night Out: A great way to spend quality time together is to plan a romantic night out. Make reservations at a favorite restaurant and then go out for dessert or dancing.
- Romantic Night In: A romantic night in is just as satisfying as a night out on the town when loved ones are together. Nothing beats a home cooked meal with a glass of champagne over candlelight. Remember to have a dessert ready for later like chocolate covered strawberries or favorite ice cream.
- Dinner at the Wedding Reception Location: Take a trip down memory lane and plan a romantic dinner at the wedding reception site. This is a nostalgic way to honor the 1st wedding anniversary without any of the stress.
- Family Backyard BBQ: For the family oriented couple, throw a family backyard BBQ to celebrate the 1 year anniversary. This is a casual way to get both sides of the family together again. If the weather doesn't cooperate, plan a potluck instead.
- Second Honeymoon: A second honeymoon is perfect for the couple that loves to travel or just wants to getaway. Plan a trip to the same destination as the honeymoon or pick a new destination. A trip together is relaxing and a romantic way to make sparks fly.
- Exchange Gifts: Plan a gift exchange on the evening of the anniversary with sentimental gifts. Things like frames photos, keepsakes, jewelry, or mementos that represent the relationship all make great gifts.
- Watch Wedding Videos: If the goal is to relax, plan to watch the wedding video together or with friends and family. Curl up on the couch with fresh popped popcorn, snacks and reflect the momentous occasion. Sift through some of the wedding photo albums too!
- Renewing Vows: Renewing vows is a great way to re-solidify the commitment to each other on the first year wedding anniversary. Choose to have them formally renewed by a pastor, priest, or rabbi or just do them privately between one another.
- Champagne Toast: If there's not much time to plan, have a champagne toast. Pick up a chilled bottle of favorite champagne and toast to one year of marriage. This is a simple yet thoughtful way to acknowledge a 1 year anniversary milestone.
A first anniversary is something to celebrate and a perfect time to reflect on the wedding day and all the wonderful membories the couple has together.
Sign up and we'll send more inspiration straight to you.Sign up now